mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Assigning for Rotary Speaker Stop/Slow/Fast?"

Posted on: March 15, 2017 @ 04:07 PM
Mighty Motif Max
Total Posts:  317
Joined  04-30-2016

Hi!

I am wondering if there is a way to program the mod wheel to go between Stop, Slow, and Fast for the rotary speaker effect. If not, are there other ways of assigning controllers to control this? I know that the mod wheel is set by default to Slow/Fast. Maybe another controller to turn off the rotary effect? Like slowing down to a stop, not an instant cutoff?

Thanks!

-Max

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 15, 2017 @ 06:57 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Mighty Motif Max - 15 March 2017 04:07 PM

I am wondering if there is a way to program the mod wheel to go between Stop, Slow, and Fast for the rotary speaker effect.

No, the Rotary Speaker effect has two states, slow and fast. You can do significant programing of Parameters, including speeds and transition times, but there’s no way to add a third, “stopped”, state.

Mighty Motif Max -

If not, are there other ways of assigning controllers to control this? I know that the mod wheel is set by default to Slow/Fast. Maybe another controller to turn off the rotary effect? Like slowing down to a stop, not an instant cutoff?

An Assignable Function switch can be programmed in a Voice to slow the horn and rotor to a stop (0.0Hz). However, there’s no way to predetermine the “position” they’ll stop at, so the characteristic of the sound will vary somewhat each time the AF switch is actuated.

If that sound variation isn’t acceptable, it would be possible to program a similar Voice, but with the Rotary Speaker effect turned off. Then those two Voices could each be used in Parts, so that once the rotation stopped in the first one, you could switch to the second Part.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2017 @ 12:29 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

To add to 5pin’s reply, on a real Leslie speaker there is no “stop” control, just slow and fast. When you turn the power on, the rotor starts spinning and stays spiining until you turn it off.

Some organists modify their Leslies to add a stop switch so the AF idea would work similarly.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2017 @ 01:50 PM
RobinVT
Total Posts:  210
Joined  01-16-2012

There are early models of Leslie speakers, such as a model 12H which has only fast/stop.  You are talking early 1960’s.  Later models 122 and 145 were fast/slow.  I have both a 12h and 122RV for my B3.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Need help on this sound/sample
Next Topic:

Motif XF Parts.. Mainboard/Motherboard?? ››