mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Where do I find a used Motif XF7 220V?"

Posted on: March 03, 2017 @ 11:52 PM
RobinJacobsson
Total Posts:  38
Joined  01-14-2009

Hi! I would like to know where I can find a used Motif XF7 (European 220V) for a good price. I found one on Ebay for $1800 with hardcase but it was sold very fast. It looks like there’s not so many of them out there, or maybe I am just looking at the wrong place?

I have some important gigs this summer and I feel that my Motif ES8 isn’t enough. If I can’t find one I will probably buy a Montage instead, but it’s alot of money for something I won’t use for more than a few gigs.

Is there any other options out there that you could recommend?
I was thinking about a MacBook Pro and Mainstage but I don’t know if I dare to use a computer connected to different hardware in a live situation. I was also thinking of the Kronos 73 if I can’t find a Motif/Montage.
I feel limited with the 4 layer/split on my Motif ES8 and the quality of the sounds are not the best compared to the todays synths. And I like that I can import my own samples on the XF for those songs I need vocal samples or similiar.

And by the way, is it possible to let’s say buy a Montage/XF, and then use another MIDI/USB keyboard as a second keyboard connected to the Montage/XF and use the sounds of the Montage/XF keyboard? So that it would be 2 keyboards but just use the sounds of the main keyboard?

So that I could have let’s say 61 keys splitted with organ and a pad and then the main keyboard 73 keys splitted with piano and a synth lead or a few vocal samples/hits and so on..?

/Robin

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2017 @ 07:29 AM
Mr Trier
Total Posts:  14
Joined  03-02-2013

Hi

According to information from Yamaha instruments that are labeled with 120V can also be used on 220V-supply. Se this thread for more information:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/464486/

Using a combination of Performances and MasterMode you can use the XF as sound-generator playing from a different midi-keyboard.

So that I could have let’s say 61 keys splitted with organ and a pad and then the main keyboard 73 keys splitted with piano and a synth lead or a few vocal samples/hits and so on..?

No problem with splitting the XF’s keyabord but unless your midikeyboard has a built-in split-function that makes the keyboard send on different midi channels you won’t be able to split that as well.

A third option is to have several midi keyboards and have them using different midi channels. Or a yamaha reface. They sound great themselves as well =)

//Mr T

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Set up a Motif XF7
Next Topic:

i try house -trance sounds?????? ››