mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Constant USB problem with Mac"

Posted on: March 06, 2017 @ 01:59 AM
JohnnyP702
Total Posts:  13
Joined  06-17-2014

I have a Mac Mini 2013 version and having it acknowledge the MOXF8 is hit or miss. Sometimes it’s recognized and sometimes it’s not. I have the most updated Steinberg USB driver and I have the utility set to USB on the keyboard. I have the USB driver download handy on my desktop because my solution when the MOXF8 is not recognized is to reinstall it. This doesn’t always work. Anyone else experiencing this? I noticed in another thread that this is also happening on Macbook Pro. My MOXF* is connected directly to the Mac Mini and not via a hub.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2017 @ 02:43 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi JohnnyP702,

What version of Mac OS are you running? because sometimes you might need an older version of the driver, if you’re running an older version of the OS.

Also, which DAW are you running?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2017 @ 02:46 AM
JohnnyP702
Total Posts:  13
Joined  06-17-2014

I’m using 10.11.6 OS X El Capitan and my DAW is Pro Tools 11

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2017 @ 03:59 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

El Capitan might be the problem.

If I remember correctly, Pro Tools 11 is only qualified up to Yosemite and was last updated February 25, 2015.

El Capitan was released September 30, 2015.

If you had Pro Tools 11.x on a suitable version of Yosemite or below, and the right version of the MOXF driver for Yosemite or below, that might fix it.

I suppose this means they want you to update to Pro Tools 12.

You could run an earlier OS on a partition just for Pro Tools 11, but that would involve reformatting and partitioning.

Here’s the compatibility info and chart:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/compatibility/Pro-Tools-11-System-Requirements

It’s also worth checking if your computer is qualified for the exact version of Pro Tools 11 you have.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Quickest way to monitor moxf via PC speakers (USB)
Next Topic:

John Melas Editor Librarian ››