mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Loop Points not translating from Waveform Editor to MOXF8"

Posted on: February 16, 2017 @ 04:32 PM
Tomdini
Total Posts:  3
Joined  02-16-2017

Hello everyone! Long time lurker, owned an S80 back in the day (actually it’s in the next room!) and hats off to Yamaha, after a sojourn in other lands I’m back where I belong and greatly enjoying working with and especially playing the MOXF8t!

I’ve done as much googling, searching, troubleshooting and experimentation as one human can do without forfeiting their sanity.... I am hoping a wise soul can kindly aid me!

One of the reasons I bought the MOXF8 was the hope (and only that!) that I might be able to prepare and import my own multisamples into the keyboard. I have tons of custom private samples I’d love to be able to bring with me in a hardware keyboard and take to sessions, the stage and anywhere I like without the hassles of bringing a laptop or other gear. To that end, I have the 1 gig flash module installed and formatted. My MOXF8 has the latest firmware (1.12) installed.

I have a simple bass synth sample, originally 30 seconds long but exported from my DAW as a 10-second .WAV which abruptly cuts off, which I’ve imported to the very easy and powerful Melas Waveform Editor. The sample is rooted at E1 and I have it mapped C1 to C2.

I set my loop points according to where my ears say they should be and, using the Crossfade DSP function in the Sample Editor, massage the loop into a smooth, flawless sample which loops without incident for each note, when I use the MOXF8 to audition the sample in the Waveform Editor through my audio interface’s MIDI IN.

So far so good, nothing surprising here, everything works as it ought to. I have a 16 gig USB drive which I formatted in the MOXF8, and I copied the .X3W file from my PC to the USB drive, then imported the Waveform using the ALL WAVEFORM function in File Mode.

Here’s where my troubles begin. Whether I go to the “Delete” screen in File Mode to audition the Waveform directly from the list (which I would presume would be exactly the same as auditioning the Waveform on my PC in the Waveform Editor), or whether I test the Waveform from Element 1 of an Initialized Voice, the loop points do not translate! There is an audible click where the loop occurs.

I’ve A/B’ed exhaustively and it sounds like the MOXF8 is possibly cutting off a tiny itty bitty portion of the sample right before the actual loop point I set. But I really can’t tell, it’s such a minute difference and I’ve driven myself batty trying to figure out what I’m doing wrong in this process!

All my one-shot samples prepared in their own Waveforms imported just fine, they all work! This seems to only be affecting the loops I’ve created using the Crossfade function in Waveform Editor.

I don’t see anyone else experiencing this problem which is somewhat dismaying. :\

Thanks in advance for any help! I’m eager to get my custom sounds into the MOXF8.

Tom

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2017 @ 10:49 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

Here’s an old thread, but it might provide some useful information:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/452751/

I’d suggest contacting John Melas.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 17, 2017 @ 02:39 AM
Tomdini
Joined  02-16-2017

That is indeed very useful. After a couple days of tearing my hair out trying to figure out what is going on, it suddenly occurred to me that what my ears were hearing was not a -1 to the loop point, but a +1 instead!!!! So maybe that is indeed what is happening.

I will see if I can work around this if this proves to be the case. In the meantime, I did shoot John Melas an e-mail before even posting to the forum. Haven’t heard back yet!!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed..... custom multisampling was a major reason for buying this board so I hope there is either a workaround or a fix that can be discovered. It would be my luck that I would uncover a rare or hard-to-duplicate bug!!!!

Tom

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 18, 2017 @ 04:30 AM
Tomdini
Joined  02-16-2017

Turns out it was a bug, and the Waveform Editor was adding +1 to the loop point after all, and that’s why it was clicking!!!

I’m on Windows 7 64-bit and it might have turned out to be a problem with the Windows version only. I don’t know for sure!!! John Melas replied to my email and sent me a hotfix to test his solution to the problem and my samples now loop perfectly upon import. I’m very happy and even more impressed with Mr. Melas’ work!!!!

Time to get all my other custom samples prepared!!! :D :D

I’m sure there will be an update to Waveform Editor imminently available to the public so no one else encounters this problem.

Tom

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Question about Master Mode
Next Topic:

Backpack bag versus roller bag for moxf ››