mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "EQ on AD instrument inputs?"

Posted on: February 13, 2017 @ 07:22 PM
min3008
Total Posts:  129
Joined  12-08-2012

HI all

I’ve read that you can control pan, volume and apply effects to the AD instrument inputs. What I’d like to know is can I apply EQ on the moxf to an instrument I’ve connected to the AD input?

Thanks all

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 13, 2017 @ 10:37 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

I don’t believe there is a discreet EQ specifically for the A/D input.

For an overview of the A/D input setup, see This Article.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 13, 2017 @ 11:10 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Several of the Insert Effects that can be applied to the A/D Input signal have EQ Parameters. See the Effect Parameter List in the MOXF Data List (http://download.yamaha.com/file/60483).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2017 @ 01:37 AM
jimbowal
Total Posts:  94
Joined  06-13-2014

BM’s response from the Yamahasynth website -
The MOXF effect processors are for the MOXF sounds… however, any external sound routed to the MOXF through its A/D Input can use two INSERTION EFFECTS and can be routed to the SYSTEM effects (Reverb/Chorus) and travel through the MASTER effect and MASTER EQ…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2017 @ 09:48 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
jimbowal - 14 February 2017 01:37 AM

BM’s response from the Yamahasynth website -
The MOXF effect processors are for the MOXF sounds… however, any external sound routed to the MOXF through its A/D Input can use two INSERTION EFFECTS

I covered that above in more detail…

jimbowal -

and can be routed to the SYSTEM effects (Reverb/Chorus) and travel through the MASTER effect and MASTER EQ…

...and that wouldn’t be exclusive to what’s connected to the A/D Input, it would affect the entire MOXF sound.

However, I just checked, and BM’s response was in answer to…
MOXF6 as an external effects processor
Can I use my MOXF6 as an external effects processor for my DAW? How to do it? For example, I want to handle live bass from Sonar using the moxf compressor or reverb.

---and not the question posted here by min3008, so BM can’t be faulted in this case.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ keyboards & DAW
Next Topic:

Layered VOICEs in MIXING MODE? ››