mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sample changing tempo when transposing it"

Posted on: January 31, 2017 @ 08:34 AM
pj4themusic
Total Posts:  29
Joined  10-06-2010

Hi Guys

I’ve experienced when I transpose a sample, the tempo also increases.

How can I fix that?

Thanks
P-J

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 31, 2017 @ 10:49 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

The XF sampler allows you to transpose samples without affecting tempo. Go to page 132 in the Reference Manual for instructions on the Convert Pitch job. The closer the new pitch is to the original, the better it sounds. Transposing more than a few semitones causes digital artifacts that may be unacceptable.

Since you didn’t state how you plan to use the samples, you should understand that this does not let you play the same sample up and down the keyboard to change the pitch but not the tempo!  It’s meant for applications like getting loops from different sources in tune with each other.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2017 @ 10:25 AM
pj4themusic
Total Posts:  29
Joined  10-06-2010

Hi Meat

Thanks you’ve helped me allot.

I use the samples in song mode as part of my sequencing, but I wanted to transposed it in the INTEGRATED SAMPLING, EDIT screen. If I select course tune in that screen then it changes tempo as well. Total headache. But thanks anyway. Im changing the tempo from the IS JOB screen now and it works perfectly.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Rhodes Sample Library and Initialized Voices
Next Topic:

Part range in Song Mode ››