mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Using S-90 with Yamaha Editor"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: February 02, 2017 @ 05:31 PM
Donald-M
Total Posts:  666
Joined  11-08-2007
5pinDIN - 02 February 2017 05:24 PM

Yes, you should have the USB-MIDI driver installed. It won’t interact with the FW driver.

thanks so much.  I just sort of popped into my head to check to see if I actually still had the driver.  I must have uninstalled it when I installed the FW.  Appreciate the help!  Doing it now.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 02, 2017 @ 06:22 PM
Donald-M
Joined  11-08-2007

yeah, that was it.  Now its working.  But man, the editor is hard to use. Even on my larger PC screens, its hard to see and drag the mouse properly to change stuff! 

What I can’t see (and can’t find in the user manual for the editor either) is a way to copy one element to another.  In the Motif Editor I can just right click on an element, select copy, and then paste to another element.  Very useful for fattening up a patch and such.  I’ve tried searching the manaul for “copy” and “copy element” but so far can’t find anything, nor in the element section of it. 

If there’s a way to do that with the S90 editor, I’m not seeing it.

Is there a way to do that?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2017 @ 03:17 PM
Donald-M
Joined  11-08-2007

I still can’t see a way to simply copy 1 element to another in the S90 editor.  Its a pain to have to go through and and every parameter to create a duplicate so two elements are the same.  Surely there must be a way in the editor to do this simple operation, but it is not obvious (to me anyways) and I can’t find anything on it in the manual either. 

Anyone? 

Also, I can’t find a way to transfer an edited voice from the editor to a USR slot in the S90.  I can know how to STORE the edited voice in the editor and SAVE the editor file as whole.  But all I can see are BULK data transfer options, but no single voice transfer options.  Once I edit a voice, can I not just stick in a slot on the S90 to store there?

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Set List Maker App
Next Topic:

S90 Power On Errors ››