mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Settings…"

Posted on: February 01, 2017 @ 03:30 PM
MXF
Total Posts:  33
Joined  02-11-2012

Hi I have 3 key boards
1) Korg PA3x
2) Roland FA06
3) Yamaha moxf
My main DAW is Cubase. I record my keyboards midi and audio in to Cubase. But basically what I want to do is record audio and Midi for keyboards 2&3;via USB cable only and record my PA3X midi with USB cable and Audio via SPDIF, can someone tell me what internal settings I need in my Keyboard and Cubase to do this?  Please see pic.

image.jpg

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 01, 2017 @ 04:05 PM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

Hi

Basically, you can’t.
Not using the native drivers that came with your boards at least.
Some say that with Asio4All, you can create aggregate devices, which is what you’ll need to able to use several audio interfaces at the same time.
Nothing that I’ve tried myself though.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 01, 2017 @ 05:14 PM
MXF
Total Posts:  33
Joined  02-11-2012

But the thing is MOXF audio output L/R is giving me a lot of noise and hissing sounds that’s why I am thinking about using USB. I have repeatedly checked my audio cables but they are not the problem. Cables are fine there’s no noise or hiss when I use them with the other 2 keyboards!
Kindly help me sort this out,the Keyboard is great just want to get rid of the noise and hiss issues there is some sort of problem in the left right output.
There is no noise in the MOXF headphone output.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 01, 2017 @ 06:29 PM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

There are lots of things that can cause this.
When you have the audio out going to your audio interface, do you also have the USB connected?
If so, still noisy if you unplug it?

I guess that there COULD of course be something wrong with your MoXF, but it’s strange that your headphones don’t have the noise if so.

Do you have any way of connecting the MoXF outs directly to powered speakers/monitors?
Just a way to confirm that it’s the MOXF causing it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 01, 2017 @ 06:42 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Most reports of a noisy output on a MOXF (which isn’t faulty) are down to not getting enough level out of it because of poor gain staging and compensating for that by cranking up the volume and/or input gain on whatever is being used to record it.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Samples voice from Motif ES to MOXF8
Next Topic:

Original settings ››