mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Setting FC2 starting point for a voice"

Posted on: January 25, 2017 @ 02:33 AM
RockOSU
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-25-2017

Let me see if I can explain this correctly. I am using an FC7 in my FC2 slot on the back of my Motif XF8. I have an Analog Pad voice that I want to open up the cutoff as a swell. I assign FC2 (004) to the cutoff and save the patch. Eezie peezie!

Here’s the issue: When I change voice and then return to the Analog Pad patch, the voice starts at the full open cutoff top end rather than the 0 end (heel down) start. Originally I had the MW2 controlling that cutoff parameter and it worked as expected and started at 0 cutoff whenever I came back to that patch.

How do I get the voice to do the same thing using the foot controller? I want it to start at the filter closed position and open up from there.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 25, 2017 @ 04:04 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Welcome to the Forum!

The following is based on information in the Motif XF Reference Manual, on page 229, under Controller Reset:

As explained in the Manual, there are two UTILITY MODE settings for controllers, when switching between VOICES:  Hold, and Reset.

As shown, when the controllers are set to “Reset”, they are reset to default states.  The MOD wheel gets reset to Minimum, but the FC’s get reset to Maximum.

This is what you have essentially stumbled on.  Nothing you can really do about that, it is what it is.

For options to deal with this:

See This Thread, which I believe may be the very first post I submitted to the Forum when I got my XF some years ago!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 25, 2017 @ 11:58 AM
RockOSU
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-25-2017

Thanks for the response,C!

I recently picked up another FC7 pedal to do the sweeps, etc because the Roland EV5 I was trying to use was too sensitive no matter how I adjusted it. But I don’t recall it behaving the same way. Hmmm…

I’ve typed this quandary in Google search a bunch of different ways. Who would have thought to look in the actual manual! HA!!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ How Transfer Wav File from Motif ES to MOXF
Next Topic:

Save/Copy to Flash Module ››