mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Please help! assign delay to a part in song mode…"

Posted on: January 22, 2017 @ 08:08 PM
Atorrey74
Total Posts:  4
Joined  01-01-2016

Newbie here! I have created a performance in song mode and I need to add delay to only one part which is on midi channel 7. I would like to add this delay using a pedal. Again, I am a newbie and any help is appreciated.  Also, I am wondering how to switch between these midi channels using an external midi pedal board.. Thanks!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2017 @ 10:20 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

So that we’re speaking the same “language"…
A Performance can have up to four active Parts, and is created in Performance Mode. All of the Parts of a Performance are on the same MIDI channel. A Performance’s Parameters can be copied to a Song or Pattern Mixing, but if so it’s no longer referred to as a Performance. Emulating a Performance in a Mixing requires that the MIDI Receive Channel be the same for all the Parts.

Delay is an Insertion Effect, and the selection is made at the Voice level. At the Performance or Song/Pattern Mixing level, Insertion Effect Part Switch settings (on/off) determine whether a particular Part has Insertion Effects enabled. The Insertion Part Switch can be controlled by SysEx message.

If you could be a bit more specific about what how many Parts are in your Mixing, which MIDI channels they’re on, and in general what you’re trying to accomplish, it should be possible to help with setup details.
Are you, for example, doing something like this?…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/using_a_moxf_mixing_program_for_quick_access_to_multiple_sounds_in_a_live_s

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 23, 2017 @ 08:34 PM
Atorrey74
Joined  01-01-2016

Yes, thank you! This is exactly what I am doing. Sorry for the lack of knowledge of the language. I created a song/pattern mixing and I have seven different parts on 7 different midi channels.  It is a fantastic feature and it’s working our great, however, I need to add a delay effect on one part/channel only and I’d like to activate it using a pedal.  I also would like to know if there is a way to switch between these parts/channels using a midi pedal.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 23, 2017 @ 09:41 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Atorrey74 - 23 January 2017 08:34 PM

[...] I created a song/pattern mixing and I have seven different parts on 7 different midi channels.  It is a fantastic feature and it’s working our great, however, I need to add a delay effect on one part/channel only and I’d like to activate it using a pedal.

If you want to use delay on a Part, you have to apply it to the Voice you’ve chosen for the Part. The edited Voice can then be stored either in a User location, or as a Mixing Voice - each Song/Pattern can have up to 16 Mixing Voices.

If your MIDI pedal board can be programmed with custom SysEx messages, then a Part’s Insertion Effects can be turned on/off that way.

Atorrey74 - 23 January 2017 08:34 PM

I also would like to know if there is a way to switch between these parts/channels using a midi pedal.

Unfortunately, not in Song/Pattern modes.

You can advance through Master Mode setups with a foot switch…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/understanding_master_mode_moxf6_moxf8
...but unfortunately that won’t provide the smooth switching that can be accomplished using the numbered buttons in Song/Pattern modes.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 23, 2017 @ 10:25 PM
Atorrey74
Joined  01-01-2016

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate this info!!!
:)
:)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Edited Voice Unchanged in Performance and Pattern
Next Topic:

Going from Motif ES to MOXF ››