mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif 6 Won’t boot up."

Posted on: January 07, 2017 @ 11:06 AM
milesy_boy
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-07-2017

Had this problem since last week, I was powering up my Motif 6 and someone pulled the plug socket out the wall during the boot up. Now it won’t boot up at all. It just sits with an illuminated blank screen. I think it might be fixable by putting a new OS/firmware on the Smart Media memory card and seeing if it will install the new OS from there?? My problem is I cannot get a suitable card reader that will allow me to transfer the new firmware on to the card. I’ve already bought 2 new multi card readers but none of them take the older Smart Media format. Anyone seen where I can buy a suitable card reader??
TIA

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2017 @ 01:12 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

For now, let’s not deal with the SmartMedia card issue, and try to determine a bit more about what might be wrong with the Motif.

1) Start with power to the Motif off.

2) Press and hold down the [RECORD] and [STORE] buttons simultaneously. Turn the Motif power on while continuing to hold the buttons down until the OS Updater screen is displayed. Does that happen?

3) Turn off the Motif power.

4) Press and hold down [RECORD] and [REMOTE] buttons simultaneously. Turn the Motif power on while continuing to hold the buttons down until the Test Mode selection screen is displayed. Does that happen?

5) If the Test Mode selection screen is displayed in step #4, press [STORE] to do a factory reset. When complete, EXIT, power down, and try to reboot the Motif.

Let us know what occurs in each case.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2017 @ 01:16 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

deleted

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 09, 2017 @ 06:09 AM
milesy_boy
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-07-2017

Tried everything you suggested and nothing works, seems completely dead, there’s power going to it as the screen lights up but but other than that, DEAD!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 09, 2017 @ 10:13 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
milesy_boy - 09 January 2017 06:09 AM

Tried everything you suggested and nothing works, seems completely dead, there’s power going to it as the screen lights up but but other than that, DEAD!

Disruption of power during boot-up shouldn’t normally cause what you’re experiencing. If the only thing that’s lit is the screen (no buttons light up) and there’s no response to the button presses (presuming they were held down long enough), then reinstallation of the OS isn’t possible without taking care of other issues first.

Just in case there’s been a failure of of one of the accessory items, I’d suggest removal of all SIMMs, PLG boards, and any other optional hardware, and then try to boot the Motif again. If still no luck, it’s unfortunately likely something is wrong that will require attention by a competent technician.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2017 @ 12:43 PM
elka44@teletu.it
Total Posts:  3
Joined  01-30-2017

I too have the same problem after update v 1.90, the screen is on, but the keyboard does not work ......... I tried to reload the firmware, but charge a couple of blocks and then “ceck sum error”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2017 @ 08:57 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
elka44@teletu.it - 30 January 2017 12:43 PM

I too have the same problem after update v 1.90, the screen is on, but the keyboard does not work ......... I tried to reload the firmware, but charge a couple of blocks and then “ceck sum error”

You could try downloading the firmware again, in case it somehow was corrupted, and/or use a different memory card to do the installation. If that doesn’t work, I suggest you contact Yamaha Support in your country.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 01, 2017 @ 05:29 AM
elka44@teletu.it
Total Posts:  3
Joined  01-30-2017

I have solved so: formatting the smart media with another motif (I used a PSR1500), copy the new firmware V1.90, REC + STORE load new firmware from the smart media ............ ..........

[ Ignore ]