mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to change polyphony of individual element in MIX voice"

Posted on: January 06, 2017 @ 03:32 PM
kvt
Total Posts:  78
Joined  04-30-2011

Hi Guys

How can I make any particular element of MIX voice monophonic while other remain polyphonic in Song mode? (Here I am not saying about audio but saying about polyphony of notes)

This is what I want achieve on voice (PRE 2 H13) “OVer The Top”.
I want to make 1st element (Power Chord St) mono and when I play one note, it should carry on sounding in loop (may be increasing release time) until I play second note and that where previous note should stop sounding and second note should start sustaining?. Until I don’t hit second note previous note should be keep sustain.
In other words how can I stop sustain of previous note when I hit second note!?

Hope I have explained properly and clearly!

Thank you in advance!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2017 @ 05:57 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Exactly what you’re looking for is not clear to me, but I’ll try anyway.

The ability to play only one note at a time is determined by the Mono/Poly setting. However, that setting can only be done on a per-Voice/Part basis, not per Element.

If you need for only one Element to be Mono while the rest are Poly, then you could recreate the Voice as two separate Voices…
1) Copy the original Voice to a second location.
2) Edit the original Voice, turning off Element 1.
3) Edit the copy, setting Mono/Poly to “mono”, and turning off all Elements other than Element 1.
4) In the Mix, set both Parts to the same Receive Channel.

I hope that accomplishes what you were asking about.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2017 @ 07:18 PM
kvt
Total Posts:  78
Joined  04-30-2011
5pinDIN - 06 January 2017 05:57 PM

Exactly what you’re looking for is not clear to me, but I’ll try anyway.

The ability to play only one note at a time is determined by the Mono/Poly setting. However, that setting can only be done on a per-Voice/Part basis, not per Element.

If you need for only one Element to be Mono while the rest are Poly, then you could recreate the Voice as two separate Voices…
1) Copy the original Voice to a second location.
2) Edit the original Voice, turning off Element 1.
3) Edit the copy, setting Mono/Poly to “mono”, and turning off all Elements other than Element 1.
4) In the Mix, set both Parts to the same Receive Channel.

I hope that accomplishes what you were asking about.

Thank you 5pinDIN.. You answered my question exactly.. I was exactly looking for Mono/poly settings on element basis.I know where and how I can change Mono/poly setting in Mix voice and voice mode but as you said it was applying as a common parameter.
Your other idea is perfect but it will use two tracks in MIX mode and it is problem for me as I need to use all 16 track (16 sounds)

Thank you very much..God bless

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2017 @ 08:10 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
kvt - 06 January 2017 07:18 PM

[...] Your other idea is perfect but it will use two tracks in MIX mode and it is problem for me as I need to use all 16 track (16 sounds)

In that case, the only thing I can suggest is to see if you can combine Elements from two other Voices/Parts into one. It would require that no more than eight Elements in total be needed, and that they could share the same Insert Effects without significantly changing the nature of the sound.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Patterns or Songs in Performance Mode
Next Topic:

Loading these voices... ››