mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can you import pre-recorded songs back into XF6 to redo song?"

Posted on: December 30, 2016 @ 12:07 PM
markcrocker
Total Posts:  2
Joined  12-30-2016

I have a number of tracks that I created with my XF6. Once the system was full I transferred the tracks to a thumb drive for safe keeping. But I later discovered that I failed to quantize the tracks when I originally created them. Is there any possible way to import or upload a pre-recorded track back into the XF6 so that I can fix or quantize? I know that I can stick the thumb drive in the back of the XF6 and play the pre-recorded track. But is there any way that I can go back in and repair or change a pre-recorded track that has already been removed from XF internal storage? Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 30, 2016 @ 12:43 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

A Song or Pattern that was saved to an external memory device in an “All” (.X3A), “All Song” (.X3S), or “All Pattern” (.X3P) file can be loaded back to the XF and edited as you desire.

However, since you mentioned playing directly from the thumb drive, you may have converted the data to a WAV or AIFF. In that case, quantizing, etc., by the XF is no longer possible.

In what form(s) did you save your work?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 30, 2016 @ 05:17 PM
markcrocker
Total Posts:  2
Joined  12-30-2016

you are correct. I unfortunately saved all tracks as a WAV file. Thanks for the quick answer. Really appreciate!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 01, 2017 @ 03:14 AM
Stephen Kay
Total Posts:  169
Joined  01-13-2011

That’s why it’s always a good idea to save your work in various formats, not just WAV but the original song files, so you can go back and edit them at a later date.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Firewire dropouts and stutters
Next Topic:

Looking for... ››