mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Giving up Motif XF8 ( Update: No way I’m giving this up)"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: October 05, 2016 @ 08:07 PM
harshalnaidu
Total Posts:  38
Joined  03-07-2014

PA4x arrived today.

Initial impressions

- I like my pst 910 piano better.
- motif Xf piano , weighted keys are far better.
- other instruments guitars , pads , keys , strings are fantastic on pa4x.
- Keybed is a little springy.  Not sure if I prefer it to psr keybed.
- styles are nice as I have seen on Tyros, obviously my psr styles are a little dated but certainly not outdated.
- pa4x is feature packed - recorderding features seem to be great.
- UX so far is best for me with the touch screen. I have used the touch screen on Kronos and the UX here is far better.

Keep in mind that this is coming from a hobbyist and not some one who performs professionally!

Motif is sitting on the side disconnected.  Not sure if I can part with it. :) :(.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 10, 2016 @ 09:05 AM
dvdv1234
Total Posts:  40
Joined  10-28-2014

if I need to recommend on a keybord beside motif it will be tyros 5..i played on it on the store and it’s great

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 30, 2016 @ 05:00 PM
harshalnaidu
Total Posts:  38
Joined  03-07-2014

My friends on the forum…

I did not sell the XF. In fact I sold the PA4x.

Here are my thoughts

- I have learned not to compare the arranger and a workstation.  I still maintain my original view that the UX on workstation sucks and that includes the Montage.

- As for PA4x, I could not fall in love with the sounds and the feel of the keys. It is a fantastic arranger for a performer and without a doubt has more features compared to the Tyros which needs a new model.

- PA4x seems to have more global appeal. See my survey on korg forum
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=704724&highlight;=#704724

- The Yamaha forum blows korg our of water. There are really nice folks on the Korg forum but when you are used to Bad mister ,5Pindin others answering the questions in depth, the lack of Korg support really is palpable.

Sample this - there’s no response to a very interesting qustion posed on Dec 10th - http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=107658

-I think the style ecosystem is better with Yamaha and users share a lot more that what I got on Korg forum.

- Also, it is not worth buying a new keyboard the resale value is stupid low.

- Finally, I am really enjoying my Motif more after the fling with PA4X so I don’t see considering another arranger for the foreseeable future. Montage is nice but not enough so switch from a Motif. And Motif pattern sequencer is cool.

So I guess I I will continue posting noob questions here :)

Thanks for maintaining a great community.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Polarity on sustain pedal
Next Topic:

Samples "Triggered" with one button push ››