mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Foot Ctrl to be defined as ModWheel while Motif is a MIDI-controller"

Posted on: December 19, 2016 @ 02:23 PM
dirkc_be
Total Posts:  13
Joined  05-25-2009

I have a Motif XS that I use in a MIDI-controller.

So, by pushing the [REMOTE ON/OFF] I can controle a DAW (Ableton Live 9) using e.g. the transport functionalities (play/record/stop)

Within the DAW I use a VST: UVI Orchestral Suite. While playing e.g. Strings, the expression of the brightness can be enhanced by using the ModWheel.

My goal now is to use the Foot expression pedal to do the same.

In the Motif XS manual the explanation for defining a controller to e.g. the modulation change is linked to a VOICE, which is not the case here, because I use the Motif only as a MIDI-controller.

So, how and where can I define the expression pedal as a controller for modulation as the Motif XS status is MIDI-controller?

Thanks for answering!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 19, 2016 @ 10:27 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Go into Utility mode and assign the Foot Controller as CC#1 (that’s the mod wheel) when working with your softsynth(s)...this is a global setting, it is active in all modes.  You can store this as the default or you can choose to set it manually when needed.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 20, 2016 @ 01:47 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

While the Utility mode Controller Assign settings in the XF are global, that isn’t true for the XS.

XS Utility mode controller assignment is accessible only from Voice mode, and only affects (all) Voices. In Performance and Mixing modes, controller assignment is done on a per-Program basis.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 20, 2016 @ 10:51 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Then set it in Voice mode ;)

Remote mode just sits on top of whatever other mode (Voice, Song, Pattern, Performance, Master) is currently selected, so simply enter Remote mode from Voice mode. Done.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 20, 2016 @ 02:09 PM
dirkc_be
Joined  05-25-2009

Thanks! I’ll try those suggestions and come back to you with feedback.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 20, 2016 @ 03:25 PM
dirkc_be
Joined  05-25-2009

So, the correct way of working seems to be:

[PERFORM] > [EDIT] > (EDIT COMMON is already lit) > Change “Foot Controller = 11 “ to “01” > [STORE] > [ENTER] > [INC/YES]

That’s it!

Thanks for guiding me through the tunnel and happy XMas guys!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ About the demo songs
Next Topic:

Mac setup with XS8, MR816csx, Cubase 8.5 or 9 ››