mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Pattern Mode - A, B, C sections not memorized"

Posted on: November 21, 2016 @ 03:37 AM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

When I’m in Pattern mode and I’ve used different sections I find that when I come back to the Pattern later, it’s no longer set to Section A.  Shouldn’t this parameter be saved, regardless of changes you make in real time when performing? Just like so many other settings in User Performances, Songs, etc. It’s very annoying because I have to pause and double-check that the correct Section is active when I first cue up the Song. And on a couple occasions playing live I’ve hit play thinking it’s gonna start at Section A as programmed and some totally incorrect Pattern plays. Very embarrassing. This occurs regardless of whether it’s in Master Mode or Pattern Mode. I don’t take the time to reset the Section to A and then hit Store, I am in for a surprise when I come to that Pattern again. And, btw, I don’t believe I had this problem with my MOX. It seems to be a bug specific to the MOXF.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 21, 2016 @ 08:58 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
muscarella - 21 November 2016 03:37 AM

When I’m in Pattern mode and I’ve used different sections I find that when I come back to the Pattern later, it’s no longer set to Section A.  Shouldn’t this parameter be saved, regardless of changes you make in real time when performing? Just like so many other settings in User Performances, Songs, etc.

Just to make sure that we’re discussing the same thing…
When first powering up my XS and XF, Patterns have Section A selected. If I select (for example) Section D, that selection persists, even if I change modes (to Voice, Song, etc.) and then return to the Pattern. The “D” selection remains even if another Pattern is chosen (which I’m not sure is advantageous). If that’s what you’re referring to, it’s “normal”. (If not, then please describe in specific detail what you’re doing and the result.)

muscarella -

It’s very annoying because I have to pause and double-check that the correct Section is active when I first cue up the Song. And on a couple occasions playing live I’ve hit play thinking it’s gonna start at Section A as programmed and some totally incorrect Pattern plays. Very embarrassing. This occurs regardless of whether it’s in Master Mode or Pattern Mode.

In Song mode, the sequence returns to the beginning after selecting a new Song, changing modes, etc. In Pattern mode, the behavior is as I described above, at least on the XS/XF. While working with a particular Pattern, I wouldn’t want the Motif to return to Section A unless I had made that choice. However, I do find it a bit disconcerting when another Pattern is chosen, that the Section selection made for a previous Pattern is kept.

muscarella -

I don’t take the time to reset the Section to A and then hit Store, I am in for a surprise when I come to that Pattern again. And, btw, I don’t believe I had this problem with my MOX. It seems to be a bug specific to the MOXF.

I’m not quite following you here. I understand your desire to select Section A, but not why you’re pressing STORE. I suspect it may be because you see the choice of a Pattern Section as a setting of a Parameter (which it isn’t), rather than an operational selection (similar to choosing a Bank or Voice number).

If the behavior is as I’ve described, then it seems selecting the Pattern Section you want to play will be necessary.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 03, 2016 @ 05:43 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

So you are saying the default is: the last Pattern Section selected will be the way the Pattern will appear next time I use a Pattern. I just don’t remember having this be the case with my MOX. I use the Patterns in live performance, so when I’m done with that Pattern I’m usually on some section OTHER than A.  But I could swear that with my MOX it didn’t matter where I ended up, when I came to that Pattern the next night, Section A would be offered first, regardless. Which is how I’d saved it weeks before when I created it.

My reference to Store is because, if I don’t set that Pattern back to Section A and hit STORE BEFORE I move back to another mode, I’m going to get a surprise the next gig when I punch up that Pattern and start playing. I just wish it could be saved and revert automatically, and could have sworn I never had this dilemma on my MOX.

Anyway, if you use Pattern at gigs, as I do for certain songs I might want to expand or change the structure on the fly. It’s a nice feature. But for MY use, the Section button remaining where it was LAST time I played, is not so nice.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 03, 2016 @ 06:27 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

What I described happens during any one power-up. If one of my Motifs is turned off and powered on again, the default returns to Section A.

I’d suggest trying this:
Select a Section other than A in a Pattern.
Verify that the last Section selected is retained.
Don’t STORE anything.
Turn off the MOXF, then turn it back on again.
Determine which Section the Pattern defaults to.

Please let us know the result.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Tap Tempo option?
Next Topic:

MoxfPerformanceRecorder ››