mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "USB issue - motif xs"

Posted on: November 20, 2016 @ 08:10 PM
j sammartino
Total Posts:  7
Joined  11-27-2015

Hello!

I am having a problem with my USB memory.

I recently bought a Kingston memory and saved some voices and files on it , it worked perfectly fine. However I tried loading some files today and it seems that my Motif cant read or even recongize the usb pendrive.
It also displays ERROR MESSAGE Usb connection terminated.
Afterwards I tried using my usb pendrive on my pc and it works just fine.
So I wonder what might be the solution . Any ideas ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 20, 2016 @ 09:51 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

USB ports are designed to deliver a certain maximum current. If a device draws more than that amount, the circuit is supposed to sense that and shut down the supply to the port. That causes an error message to be generated.

From page 287 of the XS Owner’s Manual:
USB connection terminated. Press any button.
A break in the connection with the USB storage device has occurred because of an abnormal electric current. Disconnect the USB storage device from the USB TO DEVICE connector, then press any of the panel buttons.

Either the USB drive you’re using is defective or out of spec (even if it works in your computer), or the TO DEVICE port in the XS is damaged.

I would suggest trying another USB drive, if possible one from the Compatible USB Device List for MOTIF XS/XF (http://download.yamaha.com/file/68404). If that causes the same message to be displayed, the USB port likely has failed.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 20, 2016 @ 10:58 PM
j sammartino
Joined  11-27-2015
5pinDIN - 20 November 2016 09:51 PM

USB ports are designed to deliver a certain maximum current. If a device draws more than that amount, the circuit is supposed to sense that and shut down the supply to the port. That causes an error message to be generated.

From page 287 of the XS Owner’s Manual:
USB connection terminated. Press any button.
A break in the connection with the USB storage device has occurred because of an abnormal electric current. Disconnect the USB storage device from the USB TO DEVICE connector, then press any of the panel buttons.

Either the USB drive you’re using is defective or out of spec (even if it works in your computer), or the TO DEVICE port in the XS is damaged.

I would suggest trying another USB drive, if possible one from the Compatible USB Device List for MOTIF XS/XF (http://download.yamaha.com/file/68404). If that causes the same message to be displayed, the USB port likely has failed.

OK I ve tried another USB drive from yamaha list and It does not recognize it. It must be the port then. Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 21, 2016 @ 12:08 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

One more thought - if you’re using a USB hub or extension cable, try connecting the USB drive directly to the port.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 21, 2016 @ 07:48 PM
j sammartino
Joined  11-27-2015
5pinDIN - 21 November 2016 12:08 AM

One more thought - if you’re using a USB hub or extension cable, try connecting the USB drive directly to the port.

I tried only with the drive, with two differents drives.
So at this point I might try to fix the port or change the usb panel board.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 21, 2016 @ 07:50 PM
j sammartino
Joined  11-27-2015
j sammartino - 21 November 2016 07:48 PM
5pinDIN - 21 November 2016 12:08 AM

I tried only with the drive, with two differents drives.
So at this point I might try to fix the port or change the usb panel board.

I will contact an engineer because yamaha does not have an official product service in Argentina.

[ Ignore ]