mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif to UAD Apollo twin"

Posted on: November 06, 2016 @ 05:52 AM
LaffLiryc
Total Posts:  15
Joined  12-11-2007

hi,
I’m running my motif xs as a vst in cubase. the sound export goes through spdif.
no i want to buy an uad apollo twin interface. it has only an adat in and the motif digital out is spdif.
so is there any possibility to connect the motif to the apollo?

hope some can help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 06, 2016 @ 09:11 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

As far as I’ve been able to determine, the UAD Apollo Twin TOSLINK digital input accepts either ADAT or S/PDIF. Since it’s an optical input, and the XS digital output is coaxial/RCA, you’d need a converter. Coaxial to optical TOSLINK converters are available inexpensively, typically under $20US. A TOSLINK cable should be well under $15US.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 06, 2016 @ 01:01 PM
LaffLiryc
Joined  12-11-2007

thanks a lot!

do u have a good hint for a converter? i cant find the right one since i always read either coax or adat is usable.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 06, 2016 @ 02:44 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
LaffLiryc - 06 November 2016 01:01 PM

thanks a lot!

You’re welcome.

LaffLiryc -

do u have a good hint for a converter? i cant find the right one since i always read either coax or adat is usable.

These are the type of device I’m referring to…
http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=2947
https://www.amazon.com/C2G-40018-Coaxial-TOSLINK-Converter/dp/B0002J2MV4
...but I’m not making a recommendation. There certainly are other choices. I suggest that if you decide to purchase one, make sure there’s a good return policy and/or guarantee in case you have a problem.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 09, 2016 @ 07:44 PM
LaffLiryc
Joined  12-11-2007

thanks again! very helpful. great!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 01, 2023 @ 07:29 AM
LaffLiryc
Joined  12-11-2007

Its been a while and I got a new problem.
Actually everything worked since the last post here but now I had to install everything new. But now my audio output does not work anymore. The VST in Cubase works fine and I the SPDIF is active and chosen as the output but I here no sound. I dont get why. Everything is plugged as before and I have the newest software, driver etc. but no sound. Is on of my cables broken? How can I test it. I cannot really imagine how this could happen.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2023 @ 04:54 AM
LaffLiryc
Joined  12-11-2007

no one?

i changed the cables and even the converter but still no sound output in cubase.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Changing jack board for XS6
Next Topic:

Expression pedal also controls volume ››