mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Converting .X3V files to .XOA"

Posted on: October 16, 2016 @ 01:05 AM
PJD123
Total Posts:  2
Joined  10-16-2016

Hi, so i have some sound patches that i would like to use on my Motif XS 6, however they are .X3V files. I loaded the sounds on to a USB drive and tried to use them on my Motif, however when I looked on the screen for the sounds, it wasn’t there, although i made sure that i had loaded the sounds onto the usb. I assume that the XS can not recognize newer files (.X3V) Is it possible to convert these files to .XOA files? Please respond as soon as possible. Thank you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 16, 2016 @ 11:42 PM
Mighty Motif Max
Total Posts:  317
Joined  04-30-2016

The Melas Tools may work.

-Max

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 16, 2016 @ 11:52 PM
PJD123
Total Posts:  2
Joined  10-16-2016

I have the Melas tools, however I haven’t had any success really in the file conversion. Now some of the sounds have worked but others haven’t. I’m not sure on how to fix that.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 17, 2016 @ 12:32 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
PJD123 - 16 October 2016 11:52 PM

I have the Melas tools, however I haven’t had any success really in the file conversion. Now some of the sounds have worked but others haven’t. I’m not sure on how to fix that.

Welcome to the forum.

Your post doesn’t make it clear what about the conversion hasn’t been successful. However, it could be related to the fact that the XF has Waveforms and Arps that aren’t found in the XS.

You might find my XS<>XF Waveform and Arp number translation tables helpful in determining if that's the problem:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/460385/
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/460403/
XF Waveforms and Arps that show no number in the XS column of a table are ones that the XS doesn’t have.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Getting Ready for Christmas!
Next Topic:

Mac Sierra vs Yamaha Firewire Driver ››