mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOXF + Ipad - No USB Audio"

Posted on: June 30, 2016 @ 06:16 PM
Buckster
Total Posts:  8
Joined  03-05-2016

Sorry for another noob query

I used the Yamaha Cloud Recorder ages back and worked without any issues at all - now I can’t get it to work with either the family IPADs

I also have the M1 Korg app - that works fine - so midi is working over USB

basically the Cloud Recorder is not receiving any audio signal at all

I’ve followed the instructions Yamaha provide but something confusing me

it says to set 2StereoRec but I can only do that if I set USB Output to 4 channel -which isn’t correct

as soon as I set USB Output to 2 channel as it suggests, it only gives me option of 1StereoRec

with 1StereoRec I only get option of A/D In& Part On/Off - Part On/Off is missing which I think needs 2StereoRec selected - but I can’t select that unless I set USB output to 4 channel

I have both an Ipad 4 and Ipad Air 2 and neither working

its annoying as worked perfectly following the instructions last time

any ideas please ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 01, 2016 @ 04:27 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

Buckster - 30 June 2016 06:16 PM

Sorry for another noob query

I used the Yamaha Cloud Recorder ages back and worked without any issues at all - now I can’t get it to work with either the family IPADs

I also have the M1 Korg app - that works fine - so midi is working over USB

basically the Cloud Recorder is not receiving any audio signal at all

I’ve followed the instructions Yamaha provide but something confusing me

it says to set 2StereoRec but I can only do that if I set USB Output to 4 channel -which isn’t correct

as soon as I set USB Output to 2 channel as it suggests, it only gives me option of 1StereoRec

with 1StereoRec I only get option of A/D In& Part On/Off - Part On/Off is missing which I think needs 2StereoRec selected - but I can’t select that unless I set USB output to 4 channel

I have both an Ipad 4 and Ipad Air 2 and neither working

its annoying as worked perfectly following the instructions last time

any ideas please ?

Number of channels mean mono channels, so 4 channels mean 4 mono or 2 stereo channels.
Cloud recorder could only record one stereo channel. You could route both A/D in and MOXF tone generator to channel 1,2. When you select 2ch option for USB audio on MOXF, you should restart it in order to work properly (power off/on). See page 147 of Reference manual.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 03, 2016 @ 05:09 PM
Buckster
Total Posts:  8
Joined  03-05-2016

sorry - I forgot to say thankyou

I tried everything and not working

can anyone confirm that their IPAD 4 upwards still works with their MOXF USB Audio in wise please ?

I’m wondering if something has changed in an IOS update

I’ve tried every setting, every reboot combo of the IPAD and MOXF to no avail

USB Audio In to the MOXF works - I can hear every key press on the IPAD
Midi in from MOXF to IPAD works

USB Audio Out from MOXF to IPAD does not - I’m using the Yamaha Cloud Recorder app - when I used it ages back it worked first attempt

now nothing

only thing that has changed is there have been a few IOS Updates in the meantime - any ideas please ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 29, 2016 @ 02:48 PM
Surfing vco
Total Posts:  4
Joined  09-29-2016

Buckster,

The EXACT same thing has happened to me.

I’ve been using an iPad mini 4 recording into Audio Mastering (via apple camera connection kit) without a hitch for years. 

Since iOS 10, USB audio fails to work.  MIDI operation is fine with isem and Sunrizer.

I’ve followed all the protocols given by Yamaha and apple.  They no longer work.

One weird side effect I got with Mastering was it defaulted to microphone, it didn’t matter the lightning was connected. 

I’ve search google for days and found nothing.  Including apple site.

It’s a perfectly good recording solution made obsolete by something I don’t understand.  It’s annoying.

Help anyone.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 29, 2016 @ 04:21 PM
nbadesign
Joined  08-20-2007

I forgot to say that I’m still on iOS 9.3.5. I had similar problem in the past and even bought some other pieces of hardware until Yamaha apps become compatible with new iOS. That’s why I NEVER update iPad until I see that no one report some problem. I think that it is still possible to move down to iOS9, if you have backup.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 01, 2016 @ 02:36 PM
Surfing vco
Joined  09-29-2016

nbadesign

You got it. 

I reverse updated to iOS 9.3.5 (a bit painful if you don’t have a backup, but possible) and usb audio returned.

Good advice, thanks.

Chris

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 01, 2016 @ 04:13 PM
nbadesign
Joined  08-20-2007

Surfing vco - 01 October 2016 02:36 PM

nbadesign

You got it. 

I reverse updated to iOS 9.3.5 (a bit painful if you don’t have a backup, but possible) and usb audio returned.

Good advice, thanks.

Chris

I’m glad to hear that helped you. And also I would like to thank you for posting this, so I will still wait with update. Until seen Yamaha apps updates with “iOS10 compatible” statement.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 07, 2016 @ 04:21 PM
Kicko
Total Posts:  9
Joined  10-07-2016

Does anyone know how to report that to Apple, or is it up to Yamaha to fix it?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2016 @ 04:23 AM
Surfing vco
Joined  09-29-2016
Kicko - 07 October 2016 04:21 PM

Does anyone know how to report that to Apple, or is it up to Yamaha to fix it?

Good question.

I’m trying to find out.  I e-mailed Yamaha UK today with the following;

‘Hello.  Since iOS updated to version 10, audio transfer from my iPad to moxf6 does not work.  MIDI control is still operational however.  My moxf6 is at the latest firmware V1.11.0.  I have ‘back’ graded my iPad to 9.3.5. to restore this functionality.  Is there dialogue between apple and Yamaha to resolve this?  I’m guessing there are many people wondering why Cubasis or other iOS mastering softwares wont work anymore.’

For now you could complain on the App Store by doing review asking why your app doesn’t work.

Chris

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2016 @ 10:47 AM
Surfing vco
Joined  09-29-2016

Ok problem solved.

Update your Moxf to V1.12.  Yamaha just released the update on their site. 

I’ve tried it and it works.

For now.

Chris

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2016 @ 03:54 PM
Kicko
Total Posts:  9
Joined  10-07-2016

Perfect, will try tomorrow. Thanks for the tip :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 09, 2016 @ 04:15 AM
nbadesign
Joined  08-20-2007

Have you also tried other Yamaha applications (Editors, Mobile Sequencer, Sound Book,...)?

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 09, 2016 @ 01:36 PM
nbadesign
Joined  08-20-2007

Don’t worry, it works! I have checked now every music app that I have from various vendors (Yamaha, Steinberg, IK Multimedia, Korg, Apple, etc.).

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 17, 2016 @ 10:16 PM
Botanicus
Total Posts:  20
Joined  06-03-2014

Started to panic after audio from my iPad didn’t work at a gig.  Figured it might be a cord or could be the OS update, since MIDI was working fine.  Tried it successfully on my Kronos so that narrowed it to the MOXF.  Glad I came here first!

Now if I can only remember the procedure for updating the software.  Been awhile since I broke the manual. I’ll figure it out.

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sustain control - multiple voices
Next Topic:

Converting Motif MIDI to audio in Cubase ››