mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Simulate expressin CC11 on CC2?"

Posted on: September 21, 2016 @ 03:58 AM
blafot
Total Posts:  105
Joined  05-04-2015

Hi.

I have a setup using a midi-extression pedal that sends CC11. Then I have a old Yamaha BC1 thats rebuilt so use as a expression pedal and it works fine in the MOXF controller pedal jack.

Now I try to use it in a performance together with the midi-expression pedal. One sound that has exp on and BC off and one exp off and bc on so I can layer those with my other sounds and adjust expression individual on both… using no hands. Organ/Strings on the foot and brass/horns on breathcontroll.

What I need to do is to simulate Expression controller in edit voice on BC, CC2… I tryed on one set (3 was not used) and set it to element volume, all elements, and then it sounds all the time but when I blow it sounds louder. Tryed negative value and it sounds but when I blow it does not.

So… How can I simulate EXPRESSION on BC (cc2)? Need to be a CC that I can disable on other parts, in controll set....

Thanks! Really need this… The BC on brass is amazing… Just blow and you got the horns sounding…

/M

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2016 @ 07:33 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005
blafot - 21 September 2016 03:58 AM

I set it to element volume, all elements, and then it sounds all the time but when I blow it sounds louder.

You would have to set the element volumes to ZERO to get that to work. If the elements are not supposed to all be the same volume, then that becomes another problem.

The closest CC to expression is volume, CC#7. That has it’s own set of problems, though. Expression allows you to control volume from zero to the set volume. Volume controls volume over the full range (zero to max), regardless of the set volume.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2016 @ 08:56 AM
blafot
Joined  05-04-2015

Hi.
Yes… Will try that.
I can not use cc#7 cause I can not turn it off in the other parts in the performance… Otherwise its a good point.

I just found this… Maybe it helps
http://files2.keyfax.com/ESPDFs/BreathControl.pdf

/M

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 22, 2016 @ 04:06 AM
blafot
Joined  05-04-2015

I found it! Works great!
Set CF1 to CC2 and controller CC2 to VOLUME + 63 and then in OUTPUT set volume to 0.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sustain pedal function - VST- Cubase - YC3
Next Topic:

MOXF - no midi Windows 10 ››