mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sustain pedal function - VST- Cubase - YC3"

Posted on: September 20, 2016 @ 11:51 AM
Aggie Piano
Total Posts:  22
Joined  01-10-2015

I’m using the YC3 organ VST in Cubase on my MOXF8 via USB and the sustain pedal controls the rotary speaker fast/slow switch.  I’ve tried turning off the sustain in performance mode for this part, but the setting has no effect on the VST.  Is there a way to modify the VST controls so the sustain does not control the fast/slow switch?  Thanks in advance...tony

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 20, 2016 @ 03:31 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

According to p.6 of the YC3 user manual, rotor speed is controlled by CC#1---the mod wheel.

So if pressing the sustain pedal (CC#64) is triggering the rotor speed change you somehow have remapped it to send CC#1.

Check the controller assignments you have made in the MOXF.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 20, 2016 @ 10:32 PM
Aggie Piano
Joined  01-10-2015

In the utilities menu, the SustainPedal=FC3 and the FS=ModWheel since I often use a footswitch to turn on/off the rotary effect assigned to the mod wheel.  The sustain pedal works as expected on all internal voices without any change to the utilities.  If I use an internal voice and the YC3 together in performance mode, the sustain works on the internal voices but flips the rotary switch on the YC3.  Somehow, the controller assignments referenced above are being switched for the VST only.
Are there any edits available in Cubase for the VST controller assignments?  Thanks again..tony

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2016 @ 11:29 AM
meatballfulton
Joined  01-25-2005

Which version of Cubase? There is a Logical Editor in the full version that I believe can be used to remap CCs, but it’s not in AI.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2016 @ 12:25 PM
Aggie Piano
Joined  01-10-2015

AI version 7.0.80

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2016 @ 07:47 PM
meatballfulton
Joined  01-25-2005

What happens if you reassign FS to something other than Mod Wheel...does the sustain pedal still switch the rotary speed?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ UD-BT01
Next Topic:

Simulate expressin CC11 on CC2? ››