mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Recording MX rhythm drums channel 10 to external sequencer"

Posted on: September 19, 2016 @ 10:10 PM
Patrick Arend
Total Posts:  16
Joined  07-13-2016

Hello.
I would like to be able to record the midi data of rhythm drums channel 10 of MX, to external sequencer of KORG KRONOS.
I can record key press midi data if i play from KRONOS,and i can stop and start MX drum pattern, but i cannot record MX midi channel 10 drum rhythm pattern.
both synths are on channel 10, MX drum rhythm pattern, and KRONOS track 10 midi channel 10.
I am beginig to think MX drum pattern midi data cannot be externaly recorded as midi .
Many thanks to anyone who has any info on this.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2016 @ 10:36 PM
Mighty Motif Max
Total Posts:  317
Joined  04-30-2016

Can you just create a midi file, and then upload it into the Kronos?

-Max

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 20, 2016 @ 01:00 AM
Patrick Arend
Joined  07-13-2016

I just want to record an entire MX performance into the KRONOS sequencer, as the KRONOS is my only sequencer.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 20, 2016 @ 05:20 AM
KostasT
Total Posts:  90
Joined  04-06-2013

First of all, what is your MIDI connection between MX and external sequencer? Probably, it is a MIDI cable (not USB cable). Then you have to set accordingly MIDI IN/OUT property in MX Utility menu (see page 65 in Reference manual) to MIDI (not USB which is the default). After that, check that when you press a note key in your MX, you receive a MIDI event in your sequencer.
Second issue: The rhythm patterns are actually arpeggios, so you have to instruct your MX to output the ARP notes played by the arpeggiator as midi events. In order to do that, follow the instructions in pages 28-30 in Reference manual to set the MX in ARP Rec mode.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 20, 2016 @ 07:01 PM
Patrick Arend
Joined  07-13-2016

Hello KostasT.
Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post.
I have the KRONOS and MX connected with the old school midi cables.
I did look at the reference manual pages 28-30,but i couldnt seem to enable some of the midi as it seemed to be for cubase and not midi ports.
In utility i have MX midi set for midi
Either im missing something or the MX drum rhythm pattern cannot be recorded to my KRONOS sequencer.
Im going to go over it again, but i dont know if im going to be able to make it work.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 20, 2016 @ 09:29 PM
Patrick Arend
Joined  07-13-2016

I went over it again, and was able to work the parameters from the reference manual pages 28-30.
Still cannot record mx drum patterns to KRONOS sequencer.
Im wondering if it has to do with MX as slave.
Gonna try with MX as master, and KRONOS AS SLAVE.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2016 @ 12:30 PM
Patrick Arend
Joined  07-13-2016

I finaly got it to work.
Once i hooked up KRONOS to MX49, as a master or slave,and also the other way around.
I was able to record MX49 drum rhythm.
The only thing is, i still cannot edit MX49 midi drum rhythm even though it is recorded as midi data onto KRONOS.
Think i will check korg forums as i think the problem is now on KRONOS end.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MX libraries from Yamaha
Next Topic:

rythm pattern and arpeggiator changes ››