mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif xs does not save new voices"

Posted on: September 14, 2016 @ 08:05 AM
gpeter
Total Posts:  1
Joined  09-14-2016

I have a Motif XS 7 model and have downloaded the new voices (XSpand Your World -full version free) from this website. After loading in to the machine from USB I am able to use it but when i turn the machine off it does not save it. Unfortunately when I turn back on nothing in the memory. I have 1GB of flash memory, and upgraded the software to v. 1.6 but still facing with the same issue.

I would be glad if someone able to help me
Thank so much,
Peter

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 14, 2016 @ 08:16 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

The optional DIMM memory used in the XS is not flash type - it’s SDRAM, which is volatile. Data isn’t retained when power is removed. Unfortunately, the Waveforms would have to be reloaded each time you turn the XS on.

The Motif XF uses non-volatile flash memory modules, and therefore retains the data from one power cycle to the next.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 14, 2016 @ 08:39 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

If you want all your samples retained, you should create an Autoload file. This file will be loaded every time you power up your XS. It requires some USB storage (thumb drive or hard drive) and extends the power up delay because it takes a few minutes to reload the RAM. 

Assigning the Autoload Function in the Motif XS

1. Create a type “ALL” file that contains the data to be Autoloaded

2. Press the [UTILITY] button

3. Press the [F1] “General” button

4. Press the [SF4] “Autoload” button

5. Press the [SF5] “Select” button

6. Choose the file you want to autoload and press the [ENTER] button to confirm the selection

7. Press the [STORE] button to save the changes

When the Motif XS is powered on the selected file will load automatically.

If you wish to exit from the autoload process without loading the data, you can press the [EXIT] button at any time during the loading process.

Using Autoload does require you to be a bit more organized about backing up and saving data. Every time you alter your user data (load or edit ANYTHING....voices, performances, masters, songs, patterns, samples, system settings) you need to create a new All file mentioned in step #1. Think of the All file as a backup that is reloaded for you automatically.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Updates XS8
Next Topic:

song mixing mode ››