mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Unable to access MOTIF Editor when setting up XS7 as an External Instrument"

Posted on: August 17, 2016 @ 01:01 PM
hrlmbrn
Total Posts:  5
Joined  03-23-2011

I am using the XS7 along with Cubase 5, with Windows 7 as my OS. I have the FireWire Expansion board installed. When setting up an External Instrument, Yamaha MOTIFXS shows up as the MIDI Device, however, when I drop X-External Plug-ins - Yamaha MOTIFXS into a VST Instruments slot, the MOTIF Editor does not come up, rather a window listing Delay and Return Gain.  Only when I drop D-External - MOTIF XS VST into a VST Instruments slot, does the Editor become available.  What am I missing in the setup?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 17, 2016 @ 01:54 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

The Motif XF VST is what you want to use. This routes both MIDI and audio for you through the Firewire interface. The editor itself is a VST.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 17, 2016 @ 02:44 PM
hrlmbrn
Total Posts:  5
Joined  03-23-2011

Great.  Thanks.  So that means that the audio output buses as assigned in the External Instrument setup are available?  Also what does that symbol “D” mean?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 17, 2016 @ 07:40 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Read this about External Instruments

I use Cubase AI which doesn’t have this feature so cannot help you further.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Firewire To Thunderbolt Question
Next Topic:

Controlling ARPs on an XS Rack from an XS8 ››