mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Taking classic Motif 6 out of Retirement"

Posted on: August 06, 2016 @ 08:29 PM
resofactor@gmail.com
Total Posts:  1
Joined  08-05-2016

Greetings all.

I’ve inherited my wife’s classic Motif 6. I’m looking to Upgrade it to its maximum potential.

Can I use a SD card like the 64gb Sandisk cards or other like that on the market?

I’ve seen SD cards and RAM chips on Ebay for the Motif original.

128 MEG SMART MEDIA SM MEMORY CARD? That’s for the SD memory? Can I use more?

Here says…

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/196804/Yamaha-Motif6.html?page=287

“The MOTIF ships with 4MB of sampling memory installed, and is capable of accessing up to 64MB. See the following illustrations for details. For example, if you add a pair of 16MB SIMMs, for example, you increase the available sampling memory to a total of (4 + 16 x 2 =) 36MB. If you install a pair of 32MB SIMMs, however, the sampling memory size becomes 64MB (and the original 4MB are effectively disabled)”

So 64mb RAM in SIMMs is all I can get?

I’m just looking for more memory than what the factory originally recommended.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 07, 2016 @ 02:26 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Hello and welcome (back?)

You definitely won’t be able to increase the sample memory beyond the quoted maximum capacity. Not sure what current availability is either of SmartMedia memory cards (for program data as opposed to samples) or sample memory but we’ll give you an up-to-date answer on Monday.

While the original Motif remains a splendid instrument it is now 15 years old so accessories are going to be a little hard to find. Just being realistic!

But, nonetheless, welcome!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 08, 2016 @ 08:22 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Don’t get confused...SD is a card type, Smart Media (SM) is a different card type. The Motif only accepts SM cards.

There are inexpensive adapters that let you use (also obsolete) xD cards in the SM slot.

Keep in mind that the Motif was introduced over 15 years ago, 64MB of RAM was a lot back in those days.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 22, 2016 @ 10:50 PM
jim777
Total Posts:  2
Joined  10-11-2005

I’m also taking my Motif 6 out of retirement, are there any free sounds available for it? Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 23, 2016 @ 09:00 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

There are some free banks that used to be available here at motifator.com some years ago, but no longer. I have them on a hard drive at home, PM me.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 29, 2016 @ 02:23 PM
jim777
Total Posts:  2
Joined  10-11-2005

Thanks so much :) I may hit you back if I can’t figure out how to install them LOL

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Rotary Speed
Next Topic:

+12db Output gain causing internal compression/clipping? ››