mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "What was that guitar?"

Posted on: July 27, 2016 @ 03:22 AM
NLAlston
Total Posts:  1039
Joined  02-10-2004

My current synth is the MotifXF6, and its predecessor was the XS - on which I had composed a song utilizing one of its guitar voices as a lead instrument.  That guitar had a sharp, grungy type of sound, which (when a note was held long enough) would raise an octave higher.  It turned out to be very effective, for where and how it was used, and I now wish to incorporate it in another composition.

The issue is that I (as mentioned above) now have the MotifXF, and can’t seem to find that guitar voice.  Is it that the XF series did not maintain the voicings of the XS, along with its new arsenal of sounds?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 27, 2016 @ 07:03 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

No, all the XS factory presets are in the XF.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 27, 2016 @ 07:34 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

The XF has more Waveforms than the XS, and the Waveforms are numbered differently than in the XS. (See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/460385/ if interested in that.) However, the XF has all of the Waveforms found in the XS. Perhaps more importantly, it has all of the same Preset Voices based on those Waveforms, and the Voices are in the same PRE bank locations as in the XS.

Perhaps you’re referring to PRE 3 A04 Crunchy Guitar. If not, do you have a file from the XS with a sequence (Song or Pattern) using the Voice? Such a Song/Pattern could be loaded into your XF, and the Voice determined that way.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 27, 2016 @ 10:11 AM
NLAlston
Total Posts:  1039
Joined  02-10-2004
5pinDIN - 27 July 2016 07:34 AM

The XF has more Waveforms than the XS, and the Waveforms are numbered differently than in the XS. (See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/460385/ if interested in that.) However, the XF has all of the Waveforms found in the XS. Perhaps more importantly, it has all of the same Preset Voices based on those Waveforms, and the Voices are in the same PRE bank locations as in the XS.

Perhaps you’re referring to PRE 3 A04 Crunchy Guitar. If not, do you have a file from the XS with a sequence (Song or Pattern) using the Voice? Such a Song/Pattern could be loaded into your XF, and the Voice determined that way.

Thanks for the info.  I called myself going through all of the XF’s guitar voices, without landing on the one that I have spoke on.  But, then again, I could have unknowingly missed one, or two.  I will check into the one you mentioned, just as soon as I can get back on my synth.

No, I do not have that sequenced file from the XS, anymore.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2016 @ 08:56 PM
Blueswaite
Total Posts:  96
Joined  06-04-2011

I agree with Cruncy guitar that is what I use but call it feed back

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2016 @ 09:42 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Blueswaite - 28 July 2016 08:56 PM

I agree with Cruncy guitar that is what I use but call it feed back

Element 3 in Crunchy Guitar does use the “Feedback” Waveform (#0564 in the XF). The “Feedback” sample itself is one octave above those used in Elements 1 and 2 of the Voice. Element 3 has Key On Delay set to 39, so it comes in after a key is held for a couple of seconds.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Need help with Cubase installation with MOTIF XF6.
Next Topic:

Equipment upgrade question ››