mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Loading Individual Voice Question"

Posted on: July 27, 2016 @ 01:30 PM
doug44
Total Posts:  3
Joined  07-27-2016

Hello, I’m a brand newbie to this forum but I am sure glad I found it, what a wealth of information there is here!  I have a MOXF and I am having trouble with loading voices. My MOXF only has a 512mb flash card installed so I know I’m limited on how many voices I can add therefore I wish to individually pick and choose the ones I want.

I unzipped the “Virtual Pianos” library on my pc and then loaded it to a thumb drive.  The written instructions say to select “voice” but that option does not appear on the keyboard when scrolling through the choices.  All I can get is “ALLVOICE” but even then, the voice list that should appear in the left window is blank.  Can someone possibly advise me what I am doing incorrectly?

Thank you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 27, 2016 @ 07:27 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
doug44 - 27 July 2016 01:30 PM

Hello, I’m a brand newbie to this forum but I am sure glad I found it, what a wealth of information there is here! [...]

Welcome to the forum.

doug44 -

I unzipped the “Virtual Pianos” library on my pc and then loaded it to a thumb drive.  The written instructions say to select “voice” but that option does not appear on the keyboard when scrolling through the choices.  All I can get is “ALLVOICE” but even then, the voice list that should appear in the left window is blank.  Can someone possibly advise me what I am doing incorrectly?

What are the file extensions? X3A or X6A ("All"), X3V or X6V ("All Voice")?

In general, with “All” or “All Voice” files it should be possible to set Load Type to “Voice” - highlighting the file name and then pressing [ENTER] should then display individual Voices. See File/Folder selection on page 160 of the MOXF Reference Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2016 @ 03:06 PM
doug44
Joined  07-27-2016

Hello and thanks for answering my inquiry. The file extension on the virtual piano’s is an .x6a file.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2016 @ 04:34 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
doug44 - 28 July 2016 03:06 PM

Hello and thanks for answering my inquiry.

You’re welcome.

doug44 -

The file extension on the virtual piano’s is an .x6a file.

A file with .X6A extension is an “All” file for the MOXF. With Type set to “Voice”, selecting the file and pressing [ENTER] should display the User Voice Banks contained in it. Selecting a Bank and pressing [ENTER] again should display the Voices in that Bank. You should then be able to select a particular Voice to load.

See “Voice” in the TYPE table on page 156 of the Reference Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2016 @ 05:18 PM
doug44
Joined  07-27-2016

Awesome. Thank you greatly, I see what I was doing wrong now.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2016 @ 06:28 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
doug44 - 28 July 2016 05:18 PM

Awesome. Thank you greatly, I see what I was doing wrong now.

You’re welcome - have fun with new Voices on your MOXF.

[ Ignore ]