mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOX8 Editor VST Standalone"

Posted on: July 18, 2016 @ 11:16 AM
Lee Batchelor
Total Posts:  486
Joined  12-16-2003

Hi all,

Kind of a dumb question...can I use the Editor VST Standalone program as a voice editor for my MOX8, without a DAW? If so, how do you open the program? I don’t see any .exe file in the folder, which tells me that “Standalone” is a misleading term.

My goal is to edit some of the voices on my MOX8 so they sound better with my Bose speakers. The native voices on the MOX8 are good. I just need to customize them so they sound even better.

If this is not a suitable way to edit voices, what would be a good program for such purposes. The Commodore 64 display on the MOX8 is pathetic for anything! I know, that’s what I paid for. I still love my MOX8 :)!!

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 18, 2016 @ 12:33 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Lee Batchelor - 18 July 2016 11:16 AM

...can I use the Editor VST Standalone program as a voice editor for my MOX8, without a DAW? If so, how do you open the program? I don’t see any .exe file in the folder, which tells me that “Standalone” is a misleading term. [...]

The MOX6/MOX8 Editor Standalone / VST V1.6.3 for Windows ZIP file includes “Install MOX6_MOX8 Editor Standalone_VST.exe”. When installed, the Editor definitely operates standalone under Windows.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 18, 2016 @ 12:34 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Although I don’t have a MOX, I just verified standalone operation on Windows XP SP3.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 18, 2016 @ 08:22 PM
bgrosse
Total Posts:  465
Joined  07-06-2009

Yes in deed you can edit the MOX voices with the stand alone Editor in Windows.

I have it installed on my PC and use it fairly often with my MOX6.
I also use it inside of Cubase 8.5(64bit).

Bill G

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 19, 2016 @ 08:47 AM
Lee Batchelor
Joined  12-16-2003

Many thanks for the replies, guys. It’s great news that I can edit my MOX voices with this handy tool.

5Pin, I definitely saw the Install MOX6_MOX8 Editor Standalone_VST.exe file. I successfully installed the program, however, there is no desktop icon created. How do I open the installed program outside Cubase 8 Artist? The manual only describes how to open it inside Cubase as a VST. If I double click the Install MOX6_MOX8 Editor Standalone_VST.exe in Windows Explorer, it tries to reinstall the program. I’m confused.

By the way, the forum function that is supposed to alert me to replies to questions via email, is not working. I use Chrome, Windows 10 Pro, and Windows Live Mail. Any ideas why? (Yes, I selected the little check box :).

Thanks again.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 19, 2016 @ 09:44 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Lee Batchelor - 19 July 2016 08:47 AM

5Pin, I definitely saw the Install MOX6_MOX8 Editor Standalone_VST.exe file. I successfully installed the program, however, there is no desktop icon created. How do I open the installed program outside Cubase 8 Artist?[...]

It probably depends on which version of Windows you’re running. Under XP,
I click…
Start > All Programs > Yamaha MOX6_MOX8 Editor > MOX6_MOX8 Editor

The executable is in the Program Files folder, in the Yamaha subfolder.

You could easily create a desktop shortcut if desired.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 19, 2016 @ 10:46 AM
Lee Batchelor
Joined  12-16-2003

Found it, 5Pin! It was in the Program Files (x86)-->Yamaha folder. Sadly, that information would have been useful for Yamaha to supply. There is a world of difference between Yamaha software architecture versus Microsoft. I just need to figure out which one is MORE annoying. As for finding the .exe file, my psychic powers have been below par these days.

At any rate....thanks :)!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 19, 2016 @ 09:18 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Lee Batchelor - 19 July 2016 10:46 AM

Found it, 5Pin! It was in the Program Files (x86)-->Yamaha folder. Sadly, that information would have been useful for Yamaha to supply. There is a world of difference between Yamaha software architecture versus Microsoft. I just need to figure out which one is MORE annoying. As for finding the .exe file, my psychic powers have been below par these days.

At any rate....thanks :)!

You’re welcome - glad you got it running standalone.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 20, 2016 @ 08:37 AM
Lee Batchelor
Joined  12-16-2003

Yes, its’s a wonderful tool. All you do is click Voice-->Sync or some such button name, and you’re in. I wish there was a way to resize the window.

My next question: are there any really good videos on editing voices? I know voices are made from several Elements but that’s about it. Where the heck do you start? You need to be a Yamaha engineer to run the Editor! Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 20, 2016 @ 08:47 AM
bgrosse
Total Posts:  465
Joined  07-06-2009

Lee,

There is a pretty good video set by David Polich called “Sound Advice”. 3 Disk set based on the Motif ES.

I think you can get it from Motifator.

Bill G

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 20, 2016 @ 09:33 AM
Lee Batchelor
Joined  12-16-2003

Thanks Bill! Good to “hear” from you again :).

- Lee

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ A/D interface: can you record dry sound w/effects
Next Topic:

Voice editing ››