mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Changing midi transmit channel"

Posted on: June 26, 2016 @ 07:36 AM
e.laforge
Total Posts:  41
Joined  02-03-2016

I use the ES7 to control several rack modules on different channels.

Is there a way to easily change the transmit channel than going each time into Utilities and submenus?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 26, 2016 @ 09:44 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

It depends on exactly what you need to do, but Master mode Zones might do it.

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/understanding_motif_es_master_mode

EDIT: A Song or Pattern Mix might be adequate for your needs. By default, Tracks 1-16 transmit on the same-numbered MIDI channels - that is Track 1 transmits on channel 1, etc. In Song/Pattern modes selecting Track Buttons [1]-[16] determines the Transmit Channel. You can change the Transmit Channel for a Track, if desired.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 27, 2016 @ 03:36 AM
e.laforge
Joined  02-03-2016

Thank you!

it appears to be it. I can set a master presets to each of the midi channels I want to control externally.
Didn’t think about song mode though! I’ll check it out. Looks good “on paper”.

another question if possible, is there a way to control program change for external racks using the controls on the ES (buttons and/or endless encoder)? without it having any effect on changing the master preset on the ES itself? (hope I’m clear enough..)

I specifically want to control a Kurzweil PC2R, Korg TR Rack and Roland Integra 7.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 27, 2016 @ 08:43 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
e.laforge - 27 June 2016 03:36 AM

Thank you!

You’re welcome.

e.laforge -

it appears to be it. I can set a master presets to each of the midi channels I want to control externally.
Didn’t think about song mode though! I’ll check it out. Looks good “on paper”.

Song or Pattern mode should work if the goal is just to easily select MIDI transmit channel.

e.laforge -

another question if possible, is there a way to control program change for external racks using the controls on the ES (buttons and/or endless encoder)? without it having any effect on changing the master preset on the ES itself? (hope I’m clear enough..)

I specifically want to control a Kurzweil PC2R, Korg TR Rack and Roland Integra 7.

When selected, each Master setup can send Bank Select and Program Change messages on up to four MIDI channels. That does require “changing” the Master, but it could be identical to another, with just the PC different.

If you need to have the ES internal sounds not play when using its keyboard to control the external rack units…
Set the Zone’s High Note Limit to C-2 and set the Low Note Limit to G8. Doing so prevents the ES from playing, but the keys will still control the external unit.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 27, 2016 @ 08:54 AM
e.laforge
Joined  02-03-2016
5pinDIN - 27 June 2016 08:43 AM

When selected, each Master setup can send Bank Select and Program Change messages on up to four MIDI channels. That does require “changing” the Master, but it could be identical to another, with just the PC different.

I can’t quite follow you up on that..

Let’s say I want the ES to send a Program Change message to the Kurz which is on midi channel 2.
Moving the rotary encoder will also change the current “master preset” on the ES, no?
Is there a way to “lock” the Program Change buttons on the Motif ES only to send a message on midi channel 2 (to the Kurzweil) while not affecting the ES itself in any way?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 28, 2016 @ 09:45 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

It’s not clear (to me) exactly what your needs are.

If you want to use a Master to send a different PC message to an external device, with no other change to the ES setup, you could copy (STORE) the Master to another location, and then edit only the external PC setting of the copied Master. You could name the Masters to reflect what they do.

If you could describe in some detail what your application is - a gig with a fixed sequence of events, for example - it might be easier to suggest an approach.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 10, 2016 @ 09:24 AM
e.laforge
Joined  02-03-2016

Basically what I’m trying to accomplish is this - I use the Motif to control a Korg TR (Trinity) Rack. the buttons there are rather filmsy. I want to change presets on the TR Rack from the Motif. let’s say I’m controlling the TR from channel 2, now I want to change the preset from preset #100 to preset #101, then to #102 etc.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 11, 2016 @ 07:59 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

You might find this thread interesting:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/archive/viewthread/296525/

[ Ignore ]