mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Just ordered “Vintage Keys” but no file to download???"

Posted on: July 05, 2016 @ 09:46 AM
bigblock454
Total Posts:  6
Joined  07-04-2016

Greetings… I just ordered “vintage keys” from shop motifator for my S90. I got an email with a “download” link, but I get a message stating “link not found” or something like that. Do they also send a “hard copy” to the mailing address?? Maybe they ONLY send a hard copy?? Thanks for any advice. I hate buying anything online.

Norm

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 05, 2016 @ 11:47 AM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Hi Norm,

Welcome! Did you look in your spam? Depending on your settings it may have landed there. If not, fear not, and you’ll get sent another link first thing this morning.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 06, 2016 @ 09:07 AM
bigblock454
Joined  07-04-2016

A couple of things… first “did I check my spam (or junk) folder”? Yes, and both were empty. So I called (keyfax?). The woman on the line was MOST helpful! She stated that she had been sending me a few emails trying to correct my problem, but I got nothing from her (them). All I can think is that it is my Antivirus (Norton) program. She then asked if I have another email address. I gave her my work email… lo and behold, it went right through!! So… I forwarded it to my personal email… NOTHING! What the heck?? I’ve never had a problem getting attachments from anyone (that I know of)! Anyway THEY ARE EXTREMELY HELPFUL and want to make sure you get your product! Now I just need to figure out how to get the “vintage keys” file onto my S90. I’m sure that is covered here somewhere. If anyone cares to hasten my search, please help. Thanks to all… Happy to be here!

Norm

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 06, 2016 @ 09:25 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
bigblock454 - 06 July 2016 09:07 AM

[...] Now I just need to figure out how to get the “vintage keys” file onto my S90. I’m sure that is covered here somewhere. If anyone cares to hasten my search, please help.

Presuming you received a ZIP file, unzipped it should include a PDF with instructions for various models, including the S90.

If not, what did you get?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 06, 2016 @ 09:36 AM
bigblock454
Joined  07-04-2016

I guess I should mention that I made a quick trip to my work (to access my pc and email), and saved the “vintage keys” files to an SD card. I am now going to sip a cup of coffee and learn how to get the files into the S90. I’m using it alongside my Korg M50, for a new band project just taking off. I’ve gotten pretty close without the “vintage keys”, but I’m hoping for some good sounds for the following.

Blue Collar Man (Styx)
Separate Ways (Journey)
Double Vision (Foreigner)
Working For the Weekend (Loverboy)
Smokin (Boston)

Most of the “organ” sounds are pretty obtainable with the factory sounds from either keyboard. its the “poly” sounds that are harder to nail. Wish me luck!

Norm

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 06, 2016 @ 09:39 AM
bigblock454
Joined  07-04-2016

Wow… thank you… just opened up the SD card for the first time… LOTS THERE!! including PDF manual!!

Norm

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 06, 2016 @ 09:48 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
bigblock454 - 06 July 2016 09:39 AM

Wow… thank you… just opened up the SD card for the first time… LOTS THERE!! including PDF manual!!

Norm

I hope you enjoy the Voices as much as you apparently like Chevy engines.  :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 06, 2016 @ 10:51 AM
bigblock454
Joined  07-04-2016

I hope so too! I bet I do!!… Hit a snag right now… I put the files on a “SD” card, only to realize the S90 DOESN’T have an SD card reader! My Korg does, hence the confusion. Anyway, I have to find out what kid of card reader this is (will search the dreaded owners manual), or see if I can connect the laptop through the USB, and transfer files that way… UGH!! I can play… I just hate “programming”!!!

Norm

“I hope you enjoy the Voices as much as you apparently like Chevy engines.  :-)”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 06, 2016 @ 11:02 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
bigblock454 - 06 July 2016 10:51 AM

[...] I have to find out what kid of card reader this is [...]

Compatible cards are 3.3 volt SmartMediaâ„¢ (SM).

See page 82 of the S90 Owner’s Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 06, 2016 @ 11:58 AM
bigblock454
Joined  07-04-2016

I just ordered a 3.3 32mb card with Amazon Prime, so I hope to have it quickly. Meanwhile, I guess I will study up on how to tranfer the files, hokk up laptop, etc. Did I mention that I hate the PROGRAMMING aspect of being a keyboardist! Not to mention that I’ve been away from this for way to long! Thanks again for your kind help.

Norm

“Compatible cards are 3.3 volt SmartMediaâ„¢ (SM).

See page 82 of the S90 Owner’s Manual”

[ Ignore ]