mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Creating a voice from scratch on the MOTIF XF8?"

Posted on: June 27, 2016 @ 03:09 PM
mybenetton2012@aol.com
Total Posts:  25
Joined  11-21-2012

Hey guys, I have been searching around to see if anyone has come across any articles or documents that explain how to make your own voice from scratch on the MOTIF XF8?….I could not find anything in the Manuals that I have….Thanks for the help

Jeff

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 27, 2016 @ 04:16 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Are you planning to use internal Sample Data, or do you plan to import your own samples?

You probably want to start with an Initialized Voice.  See page 91 of the Motif XF Reference Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 27, 2016 @ 04:19 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

See Initializing the Voice on page 91 of the XF Reference Manual. Normal Voice Editing is covered on pages 53-83, Drum Voice Editing on pages 84-90.

If you don’t already have it…
MOTIF XF6/7/8 Reference Manual:
http://download.yamaha.com/file/48531

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 28, 2016 @ 08:20 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Manuals seldom discuss creating sounds in detail, they assume the user will know how to do it and merely provide information on the tools. In the Yamaha reference Manuals, that would be the sections on Voice Edit Mode and Performance Edit Mode.

If you need basic instruction on how to create various types of synthesizer sounds from scratch, there are many print and video tutorials available on the internet.

If you need Motif specific programming help, there is the Sound Advice DVD sold in the Motifator shop. This goes through creating a number of sounds from scratch.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 28, 2016 @ 08:47 AM
mybenetton2012@aol.com
Total Posts:  25
Joined  11-21-2012

Thank you for the replies…The sound advice dvd is def. what I am looking for….Jeff

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Cubase AI8 vs LE8 for Motif XF/Korg PA
Next Topic:

Yamaha FW Driver Dropping. ››