mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Linking Motif XS to another MIDI keyboard"

Posted on: June 21, 2016 @ 06:09 PM
BC
Total Posts:  53
Joined  02-23-2009

Hello,

Is it possible to link the Motif XS to another MIDI keyboard so that the 2nd MIDI keyboard can play using sounds from the Motif XS?

Also, is it possible to link the Motif XS to another MIDI keyboard, but use different sounds on both keyboards at the same time?  For example, can I play a string voice on the Motif and a Hammond organ sound on the 2nd MIDI keyboard (using the Motif’s own Hammond sounds) simultaneously?

Hope this makes sense, it’s hard to describe in words!

Thanks,

Ben.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 21, 2016 @ 07:37 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
BC - 21 June 2016 06:09 PM

[...]is it possible to link the Motif XS to another MIDI keyboard, but use different sounds on both keyboards at the same time?  For example, can I play a string voice on the Motif and a Hammond organ sound on the 2nd MIDI keyboard (using the Motif’s own Hammond sounds) simultaneously?
[...]

Yes. Connect MIDI-Out of the second keyboard to MIDI-In of the XS. Make sure MIDI In/Out in Utility mode of the XS is set to “MIDI”. 

Set up a Pattern or Song Mixing, with the Voices you want each of the keyboards to play as Parts on different Receive Channels. The default assignment might be sufficient. See page 235 of the XS Owner’s Manual.

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/using_a_mixing_setup_for_multiple_sounds_live

Select what the XS will play by using the [1]~[16] track select buttons. Determine what the second keyboard will play by selecting its MIDI transmit channel.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2016 @ 02:26 PM
BC
Total Posts:  53
Joined  02-23-2009

Thanks 5pinDIN,

I’ll try out what you suggested. This will help a lot playing live.

Thanks,

Ben.

[ Ignore ]