mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Montage forum?"

Posted on: May 10, 2016 @ 06:06 PM
moxrox
Total Posts:  440
Joined  11-28-2011

Shortly after the Montage was announced in January, the Mo Lounge was designated as the temporary location for Montage-related posts. It is now May, but I haven’t heard anything more about establishing a separate Montage forum. I know it takes programming changes to set up a new forum, and that that takes time. But at this point, I’m wondering if there are really any plans to do so? The longer it takes, the harder it will be to move the individual threads to the new forum. If there isn’t a separate forum, it gives the impression that Motifator is strictly for the “old” Motifs and will likely result in Montage owners (especially new members) to look elsewhere for a Montage forum.

So, will Motifator be including a Montage forum, and if so, when would it become available?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 10, 2016 @ 10:27 PM
muziksculp
Total Posts:  688
Joined  08-13-2002
moxrox - 10 May 2016 06:06 PM

Shortly after the Montage was announced in January, the Mo Lounge was designated as the temporary location for Montage-related posts. It is now May, but I haven’t heard anything more about establishing a separate Montage forum. I know it takes programming changes to set up a new forum, and that that takes time. But at this point, I’m wondering if there are really any plans to do so? The longer it takes, the harder it will be to move the individual threads to the new forum. If there isn’t a separate forum, it gives the impression that Motifator is strictly for the “old” Motifs and will likely result in Montage owners (especially new members) to look elsewhere for a Montage forum.

So, will Motifator be including a Montage forum, and if so, when would it become available?

I’m not a big fan of the new Yamahasynth.com forum section.

Maybe a new Non-Official Montage Forum would be a good alternative if someone is interested in establishing it. Otherwise, I feel we will be stuck with the current Montage Forum at the Yamahasynth.com site.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 14, 2016 @ 12:11 AM
Michael Trigoboff
Total Posts:  647
Joined  09-05-2011

The problem is that YamahaSynth is where Bad_Mister is now found. The site is slow and has weird problems, like being incapable of remembering who you are so you have to log in every time. But Bad_Mister is a resource that’s hard to match, so I put up with the site. Hopefully Yamaha will improve it over time…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 01, 2016 @ 08:41 AM
lordbachus
Total Posts:  85
Joined  08-28-2009

Motifator definately needs a dedicated Montage forum....

Where else would you want to start a new Montage forum?

Yamaha Synthforum seems overmodded… As happens many times with company owned forums its a great place to ask questions and find help from Phil the Bad Mister…

However its not a good place to discuss the Montage and be critical about it…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 01, 2016 @ 11:04 PM
Coowallsky
Total Posts:  1004
Joined  06-18-2003

I haven’t experienced much overmodding.
The deeper questions are getting asked and answered over there.

And most of those critical remarks are from people that haven’t played a Montage yet or can’t get over the fact that it isn’t a workstation but they still expect workstation functionality out of it.

[ Ignore ]