mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "import midi file freezes up moxf8"

Posted on: April 29, 2016 @ 07:23 PM
gamazz
Total Posts:  91
Joined  11-13-2004

i have some drum midi files i want to upload to my moxf8 and turn them into arps.
i load the midi file to song 4 for instance then i try to go to song 4 but it goes to 3 and locks up. i have to turn moxf off to clear the freeze. do i need a flash rom expansion card?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 29, 2016 @ 08:25 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
gamazz - 29 April 2016 07:23 PM

i have some drum midi files i want to upload to my moxf8 and turn them into arps.
i load the midi file to song 4 for instance then i try to go to song 4 but it goes to 3 and locks up. i have to turn moxf off to clear the freeze. do i need a flash rom expansion card?

I cannot say what is happening with your MIDI files, but since the Flash Board will only be useful to STORE audio sample files, it won’t help with LOAD issues of MIDI files.

You may have some corrupted files.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 30, 2016 @ 02:26 AM
gamazz
Joined  11-13-2004

it seems fine in other apps just not moxf8. in fact when i preview the file before hitting exec(sf1) with the sf2 it plays it with out any problem.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2016 @ 02:12 PM
gamazz
Joined  11-13-2004

i wrote to the people i got the files from. the midi files are GM format midi data.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2016 @ 03:52 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Check you MIDI file against the information in This Article.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 19, 2016 @ 02:38 AM
Ricoche
Total Posts:  20
Joined  05-06-2010
gamazz - 29 April 2016 07:23 PM

Hello,

I’m experiencing the exact same problem with my moxf6.  Did you ever find out if there was either a problem with the midi files or the way they were imported?  I have midi files that import without issue into my Fantom X6 and recently the Korg Kross.  The moxf6 locks up and I have to load my backup ALL file.  A reboot does not work.  Strange.

Thanks!

Jim

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 19, 2016 @ 09:58 AM
Ricoche
Total Posts:  20
Joined  05-06-2010

Well, I think I may have fixed my problem, but I’m not exactly sure how.  I basically discovered that on one file I had the extension .midi rather than .MID.  I also found I had some issues with the MOXF freezing when having both the UR22MKII and MOXF USB connected to the computer.  Perhaps I had some setup errors.  I now just use the MOXF USB only and disconnected all other hardware.  There might have been some loop or conflict which caused the MOXF to freeze up.  I imported a .MID file just fine now and I think I’m good to go.  Thanks!

[ Ignore ]