mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Dead Screen"

Posted on: April 22, 2016 @ 10:31 PM
wgwmoxf8
Total Posts:  6
Joined  01-18-2014

I currently have a MOXF8 and today I got a new MOXF6 from Amazon to use as my travel keyboard.  Screen appears to be dead.  No response, no back light, nothing.  Looks just like it looks when it is powered off.  Keyboard appears to work otherwise (LEDs function, keys work, etc).  I tried the [Utility] [Inc] / [Dec] to see if it is just a contrast thing, but I get no response.

Any other tricks to try before I request an RMA and ship this thing back to Amazon?

Thanks,

WGW

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2016 @ 11:56 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

Screen DOA?  Kick it back man, bad karma. Even if a wire came lose in transit, the things got a pox associated with it now. I’d return it.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2016 @ 03:53 AM
rhuff
Total Posts:  34
Joined  04-23-2012

This happened to me from a different vendor.  The vendor was willing to take it back, but a local Yamaha repair shop was able to fix it in less than a week—under warranty, of course.  The warranty repair was faster than the shipping turnaround would have been and certainly much less hassle.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2016 @ 08:08 PM
wgwmoxf8
Total Posts:  6
Joined  01-18-2014

Thanks.  Shipped it back Saturday for a refund and got a replacement from a different vendor today.  This one works great.

WGW

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Multiple Parts in Performance
Next Topic:

Why do the Drums in the ARPs sound different? ››