mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Montage VS Motif xf8 + Tyros5"

Posted on: April 03, 2016 @ 06:15 AM
sarmad_dehnadi
Total Posts:  85
Joined  01-17-2011

Hi every one

I simply need your opinion. I already have Motif xf8 and Tyros5-76. My XF has 2 GB flash and FIREWIRE option card.
Should I keep this combination or it’s better to sell both and get a Montage8 + PSR S970.

Any opinion will be appreciated.

Best wishes for all.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 03, 2016 @ 02:43 PM
davlippo7
Total Posts:  252
Joined  10-06-2010

Keep the XF for the workstation capabilities and add the Montage 6 or 7 since you can MIDI them up. Either keep or ditch he T5 but the selling price of the T5 should pay for the Montage 6 or 7 and then some.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 05, 2016 @ 07:37 AM
sarmad_dehnadi
Joined  01-17-2011

having both MOTIF XF and MONTAGE isn’t somehow redundant ?
I don’t care much about the FM engine.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 05, 2016 @ 04:08 PM
davlippo7
Total Posts:  252
Joined  10-06-2010

If sound quality and acoustic voices are what you prefer then the T5 is the best. If you don’t care about the FMX then you probably have the best rig available. Especially if you’re not getting excited about the Montage motion control then there’s at least no reason to sell anything off until you demo the Montage for yourself. Then If you feel like the Montage moves you, motivates you and can improve you then I’d buy it. Might be difficult to audition inside a store however.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 06, 2016 @ 05:58 AM
lordbachus
Joined  08-28-2009

Montage + tyros 5....

There is so much tyros5 has to offer thats unavailable in montage and psr970…

Just to name a few....
-ensemble voices
-sa2 voices
-Organworld

And my biggest petpeeve is the keybed, Tyros5 has FSR, psr970 a low quallity unacceptable keybed…

Personaly i would never want to loose the SA2 voices abd the ensembles from my Tyros5… And its still a miracle to me why that kind of technollogy did not make its way into the Montage…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Montage availability in Canada
Next Topic:

Survey: The "Super Knob" could have been called? ››