mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Montage and Cubase"

Posted on: March 09, 2016 @ 03:32 PM
kb420
Total Posts:  726
Joined  04-11-2004

Has anyone seen or does anyone have a video that demonstrates the integration and workflow between the new Montage and Cubase?  I would really love to see that combination in action.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2016 @ 05:04 PM
jazz.preest
Total Posts:  263
Joined  06-06-2013
kb420 - 09 March 2016 03:32 PM

Has anyone seen or does anyone have a video that demonstrates the integration and workflow between the new Montage and Cubase?  I would really love to see that combination in action.

Hey, kb. As of right now, wouldn’t think it would be any different from integrating any synth without VST integration capability as the Montage doesn’t have a VST/AU solution yet. 

Regarding ability of Montage to “control” Cubase, didn’t see any “DAW Remote” capability mentioned in Owner’s manual, nor in any of the Yamaha marketing blurbs; we’ll probably have to wait for Reference Manual and Data List to see if there’s Cubase integration support, e.g. ability for Montage controls to “Learn” Cubase parameters, etc.

[Clipping from another post]
The only official statement from Yamaha regarding VST availability that I am aware of was a post by Blake Angelos here

Blake posted that ”There will be a VST/AU capture app coming later in the year that will be able to capture internal Montage Performance settings and store/recall them within DAW software. Since multi channel USB audio and MIDI connectivity is built in, this will allow Montage to function within the DAW in a similar fashion to a virtual instrument.”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2016 @ 05:18 PM
kb420
Joined  04-11-2004

Thanks for the response.  I had hoped that since Yamaha and Steinberg are one, there would be some type of special integration between the two, like the MOTIF XF has with Cubase.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2016 @ 07:30 PM
muziksculp
Total Posts:  688
Joined  08-13-2002
kb420 - 09 March 2016 05:18 PM

Thanks for the response.  I had hoped that since Yamaha and Steinberg are one, there would be some type of special integration between the two, like the MOTIF XF has with Cubase.

It would be a natural for Montage and Cubase to work closely together, this includes Cubase control functionality from the Montage. So, it would be very odd if they do not offer this once the Montage is released. (Hopefully they will).

We shall know in May ;-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2016 @ 03:31 PM
kb420
Joined  04-11-2004

I’m not a Cubase user.  I use Live and Studio One 3.  I’m also very familiar with Sonar.  The Montage, like the Motif, comes bundled with Cubase.  Even if there is no special connectivity between the two, I would still like to see someone configure and compose a song using this set up.

[ Ignore ]