mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif Owners, Are you keeping your Motif if you have decided to buy the Montage ?"

Posted on: March 07, 2016 @ 11:32 PM
muziksculp
Total Posts:  688
Joined  08-13-2002

Hi,

Motif Owner, Are you keeping your Motif if you have already decided to buy the Montage ?

Just curious to know.  ;-)

Cheers,
Muziksculp

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2016 @ 04:47 PM
davlippo7
Total Posts:  252
Joined  10-06-2010

I sold my XF a long time ago but I try to keep my EX5r handy. I suspect that if you need the cash for the Montage you will sell or if you don’t use the on-board sampler or sequencer then you will also sell. Must have that new gear smell. I wonder if I can patent a way to bottle-up that new gear smell and then just spray it on my old gear from time to time.

I guess the XF rack doesn’t do sampling or sequencing does it? If so, then the Montage has essentially made the XF rack worthless. The FS1r still has some value in the format sequencing and speech if someone could devise a very simple method for typing in any word and having the FS1r repeating that word or phrase instantly in a voice. I always thought that was the future of the FS1r.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2016 @ 08:31 AM
Way_ne
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  01-26-2003

Actually, if you have an XF Rack, it’s quite a collector’s item.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2016 @ 10:19 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
davlippo7 - 08 March 2016 04:47 PM

[...]I guess the XF rack doesn’t do sampling or sequencing does it?[...]

Way_ne - 09 March 2016 08:31 AM

Actually, if you have an XF Rack, it’s quite a collector’s item.

Yes, but of the infinite number of things a Rack XF is incapable, sampling and sequencing are among them.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2016 @ 02:47 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

I wonder how many people are going to try and buy a Rack XF?  I know how many will get one. Psychic.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Montage Waveform List ?
Next Topic:

Montage and Cubase ››