mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Montage Software Support ?  How likely is it to be very good ?"

Posted on: March 04, 2016 @ 05:06 PM
muziksculp
Total Posts:  688
Joined  08-13-2002

Hi,

Since the Montage is not a Workstation like the Motif Line, I wonder how much software support it would be getting once it is released, and during its evolution, i.e.

Software for :

1. DAW Control . (i.e. Making the Montage a great Control Surface for Cubase, and other DAWs) ?

2. Application for making custom user Waveforms, i.e. editing, and assembling samples (.wav) format into a fully playable Waveform on the montage.

3. A Montage VST Editor, so it can also be edited while working in a DAW.
I’m imagining a great GUI representation of the Montage Engine, i.e. FMX editing should be lots of fun via a well designed software editor. Plus, for building and editing custom drum kits, Performances, effects, ...etc.

4. Any other Software that can improve its integration into a DAW environment.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2016 @ 06:46 PM
davlippo7
Total Posts:  252
Joined  10-06-2010

Please go to Yamahasynth.com for BadMister’s insight on this topic.

https://yamahasynth.com/index.php?option=com_easydiscuss&view=categories&layout=listings&category_id=34&Itemid=851

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2016 @ 06:55 PM
muziksculp
Joined  08-13-2002
davlippo7 - 04 March 2016 06:46 PM

Please go to Yamahasynth.com for BadMister’s insight on this topic.

https://yamahasynth.com/index.php?option=com_easydiscuss&view=categories&layout=listings&category_id=34&Itemid=851

I know about it. and have registered on that forum as well.

But, wanted to get some feedback, and your thoughts here, on the Motifator Forum, given many of us here are Motif users.

Anyways, I also feel that Yamaha should make some official statement/s regarding software support for the new Montage. Which will assure us that we can comfortably, and nicely integrate it in a DAW environment. 

Maybe there won’t be an official reply regarding this topic from a Yamaha Rep. on this forum, but I feel it is still worth hearing from other Motif users who are thinking of buying a Montage.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2016 @ 05:09 AM
lordbachus
Total Posts:  85
Joined  08-28-2009

Daw controll is allready possible with the current state, but not on the extend of the Motif XF… Where you can assign every single button to DAW functionallity....  This howevevr is what we want… Since we will be using our DAWs even more for sequencing and such

vst editor is allready confirmed

Sample edditing by the same 3rd party program as for the XF will also work

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2016 @ 01:58 PM
Jote
Total Posts:  1549
Joined  07-29-2002

In one of the posts Phil briefly mentioned the ability to edit multisamples in the Montage, without software.

https://yamahasynth.com/index.php?option=com_easydiscuss&view=post&id=5596&Itemid=851#reply-5608

“You can build a PART from scratch… You can import wavs, map them to KeyBanks (set Note Range, Velocity Range), etc., etc. There is no sampler but you construct a Waveform by importing samples, creating the Note Ranges, the Velocity Ranges, etc.”

Good enough for me.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2016 @ 02:42 PM
muziksculp
Joined  08-13-2002
Jote - 05 March 2016 01:58 PM

In one of the posts Phil briefly mentioned the ability to edit multisamples in the Montage, without software.

https://yamahasynth.com/index.php?option=com_easydiscuss&view=post&id=5596&Itemid=851#reply-5608

“You can build a PART from scratch… You can import wavs, map them to KeyBanks (set Note Range, Velocity Range), etc., etc. There is no sampler but you construct a Waveform by importing samples, creating the Note Ranges, the Velocity Ranges, etc.”

Good enough for me.

That’s good to know.  But I still feel that doing this via a dedicated software would be faster than doing it on the Montage.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2016 @ 04:37 PM
Jote
Total Posts:  1549
Joined  07-29-2002

Depends how detailed your multisamples are. For me it was always a matter of 3-6 samples per voice, only key ranges, no velocity switching.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2016 @ 09:38 PM
jazz.preest
Total Posts:  263
Joined  06-06-2013
lordbachus - 05 March 2016 05:09 AM

...vst editor is allready confirmed…

Can you point to where the “vst editor is already confirmed”?

The only official statement from Yamaha regarding VST availability that I am aware of was a post by Blake Angelos here

Blake posted that ”There will be a VST/AU capture app coming later in the year that will be able to capture internal Montage Performance settings and store/recall them within DAW software. Since multi channel USB audio and MIDI connectivity is built in, this will allow Montage to function within the DAW in a similar fashion to a virtual instrument.”

Note his post does not mention editing capability such as we have for the MOX/F and MOTIF synths.

P.S. I emailed John Melas and asked if he was planning to support the Montage - his response was “absolutely” (my email info edited out in thread below). In a follow up email, I asked if he was able to provide a delivery date; no response so right now I am assuming the delivery date is TBD.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2016 10:31 AM
To:
Subject: Re: QUESTION:  Are you planning to develop a Montage Performance Editor?

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your interest in my software!
Absolutely yes I am going to support the MONTAGE!!!

Best regards,
John Melas

On Wed, 2 Mar 2016 18:18:46 +0000

> Hi, John.
>
> From the responses on Yamahasynth.com (https://yamahasynth.com/index.php?option=com_easydiscuss&view=post&id=5892&Itemid=851), it doesn’t look like Yamaha plans to release a desktop Performance Editor for the Montage.
>
> Any plans? 
>

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2016 @ 03:03 AM
muziksculp
Joined  08-13-2002

Well, Let’s hope that whatever Software Support the Montage gets, be that from Yamaha, and 3rd Party Developers, they will be made available within a reasonable amount of time after the Montage starts shipping in May this year.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 06, 2016 @ 04:27 PM
davlippo7
Total Posts:  252
Joined  10-06-2010

New but way too short:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0hsW3lC5Kk

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ I found the VA synth in Montage
Next Topic:

Montage Waveform List ? ››