mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can you save a song on USB and play it on Mac?"

Posted on: February 22, 2016 @ 08:19 AM
AFC-MOX8
Total Posts:  1
Joined  02-22-2016

Hi there! I’m quite new in music recording and I’m working with a MOX8. Can I save on a USB flash drive a song I recorded on the keyboard and then play it on a computer?

I tried doing it and it saved an X4A file but cannot play it. I’m using Garage Band to record the music but the sound is very low. I though maybe I can save it directly from the MOX in an audio format (or at least in a convert-able one).

Looking forward for your replies. Thanks a lot!

Appreciate.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2016 @ 02:07 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

The MOX cannot record audio to a USB drive.

Many people have complained about the low levels over the USB audio interface. Yamaha long argued this was a feature to prevent overly hot mix levels but I see in the new Montage they have made mention of hotter levels over USB.

Does the Garageband compressor plugin allow setting a ratio of 1:1 (that would be no compression)? If so, you could then use the gain adjustment in the compressor to boost your level. You could also use the Peak Limiter plugin, increase gain but don’t let the limiter actually kick in. You can place these on any track in order to boost the level.

EDIT: I fired up GarageBand (I don’t normally use it but it’s still on my Mac) and verified that the compressor will do the job. Set the Ratio to the minimum, which is 1:1. Set the Threshold to maximum (0 dB). Attack doesn’t really matter since the idea is it should never trigger, but setting it to maximum won’t hurt. Then use the Gain control to adjust the track volume.

[ Ignore ]