mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "I just want to duplicate a drum pattern for a fixed number of measures!"

Posted on: February 13, 2016 @ 11:34 AM
DallasXanadu
Total Posts:  76
Joined  05-20-2015

Another question that I feel should be very basic, and probably is.  Or not, based on my experience with this machine.  I have a simple 4-bar brush and high-hat pattern that I want to propagate for a fixed number of measures in song mode.  Don’t want a loop, as that goes on indefinitely.  My head is swimming with “put track to arpeggiator” and other concepts, but the light bulb has yet to go off.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 13, 2016 @ 12:18 PM
Jim Shoe
Total Posts:  71
Joined  06-18-2014

What I have done in this situation is to create or find an arpeggio that is either exactly what I want (by creating it) or close to what I want (by finding it) on the drum kit I need (in your case a brush drum kit). Then in song mode, simply have the drum kit as one of your tracks, set it up so the arpeggio only comes on by pressing a key, stopping by releasing the key, and then record the drum pattern as needed.  In the empty measures you can overdub these measures with whatever fills, etc. you want from that or even a different drum/percussion kit on a different track.

I hope this answers your question or at least gives you some ideas to move forward.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 13, 2016 @ 01:19 PM
DallasXanadu
Total Posts:  76
Joined  05-20-2015

That seems pretty straightforward, I’ll give it a shot.  I keep thinking in computer terms - as if there should be a simple copy and paste type function.  I guess not.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 13, 2016 @ 02:18 PM
Jim Shoe
Total Posts:  71
Joined  06-18-2014

There most certainly is copy and paste functionality, I just use this method personally to have more control over when the pattern starts and stops so I can overdub other drum riffs, fills, etc.  You can even let the same pattern fill the whole song and then instead of overdub, use replace with fills or even just silence.  Threads here on Motifator or your reference guide will give even more details.

Perhaps someone else such as 5pinDin can give more specifics on copying and pasting.  I do know you can copy and past in both pattern and song mode.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Digital Performer Templates
Next Topic:

"ports in the host app have not been properly set" ››