mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Uh-oh"

Posted on: January 07, 2016 @ 01:22 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

http://forums.musicplayer.com/
“We regret to inform you that we have discontinued these forums.”
This appears to be legitimate, and not that the site was hacked.

Apparently magazine subscriptions weren’t sufficient to support continuing the Music Player forums.

Here’s hoping that Motifator doesn’t suffer a similar fate. I can only suggest that if members would like to see forums here survive, it might help to make purchases of libraries, etc., from Motifator/Keyfax when possible.

EDIT: The Music Player forums are back up again, at least temporarily.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 08, 2016 @ 05:50 PM
rogs
Total Posts:  121
Joined  07-16-2011

It’s back online now .. but maybe only temporarily apparently. It disappeared yesterday without any warning, and seriously upset a lot of folk!
Makes me realise that I need to check out links on/to various sites that have useful data. You never know when any individual web page - or site - can just disappear without warning...often at the whim of just one person.
Probably a good idea to copy any really useful stuff you might need, and not rely on it just ‘being there’ online forever…
Scary…
EDIT - Cross posted with 5PIN DIN. His edit wasn’t there when I started writing my post. Sorry about that…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 08, 2016 @ 05:57 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
rogs - 08 January 2016 05:50 PM

It’s back online now .. but maybe only temporarily apparently. It disappeared yesterday without any warning, and seriously upset a lot of folk!
Makes me realise that I need to check out links on/to various sites that have useful data. You never know when any individual web page - or site - can just disappear without warning...often at the whim of just one person.
Probably a good idea to copy any really useful stuff you might need, and not rely on it just ‘being there’ online forever…
Scary…

This is just another reminder that things, including life itself, can be unpredictable.
It’s best to take advantage of something good while you can, but not take it for granted.

rogs -

EDIT - Cross posted with 5PIN DIN. His edit wasn’t there when I started writing my post. Sorry about that…

No problem. As I was saying, things can be unpredictable…

[ Ignore ]