mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Useful years Motif ES"

Posted on: December 28, 2015 @ 06:14 PM
Joshua308
Total Posts:  1
Joined  12-28-2015

Hello everyone.

I own a ES6, but there is something that concerns me.. How many years can a Motif ES last? of course Supposing we take care about it, a normal use and all that kind of things.

Should i start to think about selling my old motif ES? i have no idea how many years can this keyboards last. My keyboard itself is fine but, i would like if someone here have any idea about the useful years of these keyboards??

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 28, 2015 @ 09:37 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

In general the ES models seem to be holding up well. Since yours apparently isn’t having any issues, there’s no reason to expect that it will soon. Of course, nobody can predict whether any one ES will have problems within a particular time period.

However, if a newer model has features you’d like that aren’t found in your ES, that’s a different consideration…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 29, 2015 @ 11:08 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

I have yet to own a keyboard long enough for it to break down and be unrepairable. That said, I am not gigging or (worse) touring.

The longest I have owned a keyboard before selling it so far is a little over 15 years and I would expect any Motif to last at least that long.

That’s how long I was planning to be able to use my ES, but after only 6 years I got the XF because of the flash memory ;) Looking to keep that XF until at least 2025 or my death whichever comes first…

[ Ignore ]