mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "No Sound out of the L & R Assignable Audio Outs"

Posted on: December 25, 2015 @ 02:10 AM
Garrison
Total Posts:  50
Joined  12-03-2015

Everything is working via FW16E, Motif Rack XS and Logic 9.
I just want to add the Assignable Outs to an amp with a 15”
Nothing is coming out them right now.
Main Outs are working fine going thru Logic 9.
What is the process to get these Outs going?
Thank you for your time.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 25, 2015 @ 09:08 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Some output selection is accessed via the Rack XS Editor. Do you have it installed on your computer?

If not, it can be downloaded here:
http://download.yamaha.com/search/product/?site=usa.yamaha.com&category_id1=16244&product_id=774999

Once the Editor is running, see (5) ASSIGNABLE OUTPUT L and R jacks on page 12 of the Rack XS Owner’s Manual, and the related pages referred to in that section.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 25, 2015 @ 04:32 PM
Garrison
Total Posts:  50
Joined  12-03-2015

Thank you 5pinDIN

Yes I have the Software Editor Up and running.
I have set on the Hardware Motif Rack XS to asL&R;in Voice>Utility section,
The Software Editor is running fine, using the Main Outs on the back of the Motif Rack XS.

I plugged cords from the amp with the 15” speaker into the Main Outs on the back of the Motif Rack XS and all worked fine.

Not so with using the Assignable L & R of the Motif Rack XS.  No Sound. :-(
They are producing no sound.

Any ideas?

Never could find anything on the Software Editor depicting a reference to Assignable Outs.  Maybe there is none????

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 25, 2015 @ 06:03 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I’m unaware of any Utility mode setting for selecting Assignable L and R output.

How output selection is done depends on what it is you want to assign, as explained on page 12 of the Owner’s Manual. For Drum Voice keys, assignment is via the Editor. For a Part (Voice) in a Multi, it’s done from the Rack’s front panel. Audio Parts in Voice and Multi modes can also be assigned via the front panel.

Assuming (sometimes a dangerous thing to do ;-) ) that you want to assign a Part of a Multi to the Assignable jacks, see page 94 of the Owner’s Manual, Part Edit - select the Multi, select the Part number, select Play Mode, and set Output Select (page 95) to assign the Part as desired.

[ Ignore ]