mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "split mode split not behaving…"

Posted on: December 13, 2015 @ 09:58 AM
markadeleon
Total Posts:  62
Joined  09-14-2012

I have 2 questions on a problem I am having in split mode.

Scenario.

I have a nice layered patch.

1 piano
2 pad
3 strings
4 organ

sounds i use in a basic set for church service.  Sometimes we have no bass player.  So i am splitting the keys.

question 1.  Sometimes it just arbitrarily picks what channel the split is on.  It will read “Split on channel 4” and other times Split on channel 3, etc....  How can i get it to always be the one because sometimes it has gone to channel 1 and canceled out my keys.

QUESTION 2
When I am editting the split.  I am not shifting the bass up 24 to get into a nice register.  If I want to go out and pick another sound, it sets the shift back to 0.  that means instead of being able to just thumb through songs, I have to do the 2 step process of picking a song then shifting 24 steps EACH time.  How can I get this to stop?

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 20, 2015 @ 04:37 PM
S70xs_user
Total Posts:  60
Joined  09-02-2012

Hi,

I am thinking that you have discovered an unintended feature. From everything that I have read (eg. P29 of the Owner’s Manual), the split feature was intended as a quick way to create a 2-voice split which could then be saved as a performance. In your case, you are trying to apply split to a 4-part performance - as this was not designed in, you are getting some random behaviour. (I realise that you can assign keynote ranges to each of the parts in a performance, but that is a slightly different twist on the basic split function)..

I would think that the best solution would be to program some additional performances, with a bass part assigned to a note range that you want, and save these for quick access when needed.

Interested in any other views on this.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Multi + Master mode
Next Topic:

S90xs multi ››