mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Usb drivers"

Posted on: October 25, 2015 @ 08:58 PM
Normhart
Total Posts:  10
Joined  03-22-2007

This is related to another topic I posted regarding my issues with my Motif and MX49. Apparently,there are two different USB/MIDI drivers fir these two synths. There’s a Yamaha Steinberg driver 1.7.3 that works with the MX and a Yamaha (no Steinberg) 3.1.3 that’s listed for the Motif ES in Yamaha’s download site.

The Motif/Yamaha driver I’m using on the Windows XP pc doesn’t work with the MX. On my laptop (also Win XP) with the Steinberg/Yamaha driver, everything works fine.

Can I use the Yamaha Steinberg driver for both the Motif and MX i.e dump the 3.13 driver (which btw is working fine with the Motif but not the MX)?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 25, 2015 @ 10:27 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

The Motif ES does only MIDI over USB, and the Yamaha USB-MIDI driver is appropriate for it.

The MX does both MIDI and audio over USB, and the Yamaha Steinberg USB driver is needed for both MIDI and audio communication. See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/mx49_mx61_and_your_computer

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 25, 2015 @ 11:13 PM
Normhart
Total Posts:  10
Joined  03-22-2007

Thanks, 5pinDIN. I will replace the old USB driver with the Steinberg/Yamaha.

Update: I was able to accomplish the basic goal of being able to use both my Motif ES6 and MX49 together with Sonar Producer 8.5 complete with instrument definitions for both keyboards thanks to the Melas Librarian program.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MX49 usb to host
Next Topic:

MX61 as module using Apple Mainstage ››