mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can you load voice banks w/waves directly from the computer?"

Posted on: October 09, 2015 @ 05:45 PM
BeeRad
Total Posts:  123
Joined  10-17-2006

Feeling stupid here as i am delving more into libraries that contain user wave files and John Melas software package (i have all editors including the waveform).  I am successful loading these libraries from a USB stick, Comfortable with Melas transmit and receive all from the XS6, comfortable with arranging my voice library etc using the drop and drag, comfortable sending a voice to the edit buffer and editing, know about all files etc.........but the voice banks with user waves only loads the pointers and no waves to point to.  There is no transmit/receive in the waveform editor either.  I have printed and read the manuals for the software as best as i can and find no direct answer.

I can see the power of the waveform editor, and if I click on a voicebank with waves file in my computer it will open and display properly.  How does one reorganize a list of voices (which have waves and they keep the pointers pointing properly) and then load them from the computer (with waves) back to the XS??  Must one always load waves from a USB stick?

Thanks,

Brad

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 09, 2015 @ 07:29 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
BeeRad - 09 October 2015 05:45 PM

...Must one always load waves from a USB stick?

In a word, YES.

That said, it is also possible via network...but I know of no way to LOAD samples via John Melas.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 09, 2015 @ 07:55 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Brad, you use the waveform editor to create all or all voice files. There is no communication with the Motif itself.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 10, 2015 @ 11:46 AM
BeeRad
Total Posts:  123
Joined  10-17-2006

Thanks guys!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ using the arpeg of the motif on other outboard instuments
Next Topic:

last XS OS ››