mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Help editing octaves of a Voice"

Posted on: September 24, 2015 @ 12:18 PM
printer221
Total Posts:  26
Joined  08-05-2015

I have this nice bass synth but it only sounds good on the higher octaves once I get to the lower octaves it sounds way too distorted. I would like to use this voice in a patch in Performance mode but I want to know if I edit it in a way that only that voice will have one higher octave without affecting the octaves of the other voices. Thanks in advance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 24, 2015 @ 03:38 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

A Part of a Performance can be edited without affecting other Parts.

It’s not clear exactly what you want to do, but the following will likely cover the possibilities…
See page 213 of the ES Owner’s Manual, [F1] Voice, [SF3] LIMIT, NoteLimitH and NoteLimitL.

See page 218, [F4] TONE, [SF1] TUNE, Note Shift.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 24, 2015 @ 04:59 PM
printer221
Total Posts:  26
Joined  08-05-2015
5pinDIN - 24 September 2015 03:38 PM

A Part of a Performance can be edited without affecting other Parts.

It’s not clear exactly what you want to do, but the following will likely cover the possibilities…
See page 213 of the ES Owner’s Manual, [F1] Voice, [SF3] LIMIT, NoteLimitH and NoteLimitL.

See page 218, [F4] TONE, [SF1] TUNE, Note Shift.

Thank you 5pinDIN for your reply. So I have a 61 key motif es and I want to have all 4 parts function on all 61 keys so I don’t necessarily need to Note limit. I want one voice to move up one octave with the other three remaining in their original octave, no transposing. I don’t know if I make sense, I am terrible at explaining.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 24, 2015 @ 07:48 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Then Note Shift should work for you. Edit the Part (Voice) you want to shift. One octave up = +12 semitones.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Someone please help me urgent!!!
Next Topic:

Wav import problem ››