mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Switching the Split off"

Posted on: October 09, 2014 @ 10:08 AM
ifti84
Total Posts:  4
Joined  10-04-2014

Hello,
On my S70xs, In Performance Mode, When my keyboard is splitted, and each voice is defined from C-2 to G8, I can switch off the split by [shift+COMMON]->Play Mode->Split Sw->off, and then all the parts are just layered (so I can turn off the unwanted parts and stay with a voice or two on the whole keyboard).

Is there a shortcut that switches the split to OFF mode? Shift+something?

Thanks
Ifti

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 16, 2014 @ 09:02 PM
S70xs_user
Total Posts:  60
Joined  09-02-2012

When you say “keyboard is splitted”, do you mean you are using a performance which has been pre-programmed as a split?

If so, and you really want to be able to use layers, it is probably easier just to program a new layered performance that meets your needs, and use the panel parts to select parts when playing.

Anyone else?

Phil

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2014 @ 02:27 PM
ifti84
Total Posts:  4
Joined  10-04-2014

Thanks Phil.

The reason I wanted to use my keyboard the way I described was in order to be able to switch easily, back and forth, from (let’s say) bass on the left and piano on the right to a whole piano keyboard or a whole bass keyboard, in just 2 steps.
first step - cancelling split (switching SPLIT sw OFF - now parts are layered).
second step - switching OFF unwanted parts.(Now I have a whole keyboard only with parts that are switched ON).

If I want to bring back the bass to my left hand, I switch the Split sw to ON and switch the bass part ON too.

The problem is that in order to get to the SPLIT sw I have to go to EDIT->Common-> Play Mode (and it is pretty complicated during live show).

Of course, there are other ways to use the keyboard to meet this need, but I wanted to ask if anybody knows a Shortcut to switch the SPLIT sw ON and OFF quicker than what I described.

thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2014 @ 11:20 PM
Boogiebeau
Total Posts:  12
Joined  07-29-2013

You might look at sending MIDI commands via a pedal or app on an IPAD.  Myself, I would make a couple performances and switch between them.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 15, 2015 @ 11:19 AM
xyzzer
Total Posts:  5
Joined  09-15-2015

Wow, that really does sound complicated. I just got a MOXF and it seems like the same thing. Adding a split is simple, but removing it is like a 10 step process. I’ve gone through more introductory Yamahas before - PSR, DGX, MX49 and it was always simple - press split, select voice, play in split mode, press split again and you are back to the previous voice.

The first thing I thought of was to press “split” again, move down to splitpoint and move it to the first key (shift+key) which is a bit complicated, but might work best if you still want to keep your layered sound.
Well, looking back at my keyboard I realized that I can just press “Voice” to get back to a single layer mode.
Creating a separate performance just to turn off split sounds like an overkill unless you really are setting up for performing on stage.
I think the MX has it all a bit better organized - where you can disable and enable split with just one button and also each performance has 16 configurations/patches that you can cycle through and I believe you could set different split configurations for each, effectively multiplying the number of configurations you can store by 16 (effectively letting you store 128x16 patches). Hopefully it’s not just about keeping the ease of use to the lower end devices and a trend that will trickle to higher end hardware in the near future.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 15, 2015 @ 04:24 PM
S70xs_user
Joined  09-02-2012

Hi,

Actually, there is a very easy way to do this - I don’t know why I didn’t think of it previously.

Just create two User Performances, one with split and one without.

Then, set up adjacent Master patches pointing to each.

All you have to do is switch between the Masters using the panel buttons or the Inc/Dec buttons.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 16, 2015 @ 04:04 AM
piano-player
Total Posts:  51
Joined  02-21-2012

Hi,

I’m not sitting at my s90xs at the moment so I might be wrong but...couldn’t you use the Multi Mode for easy switching between full or split?

Assign a full piano to part 1
Assign a full bass to part 2
Assign a left side bass to part 3
Assign a right side piano to part 4 (but change the midi channel to 3)

You can now switch seamlessly between full piano, full bass, or the split by pressing the channel-buttons 1, 2 or 3. Don’t forget light up the “part” button once you’ve selected your multi.

My apologies if this doesn’t work.

Kind regards from Sweden

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 16, 2015 @ 02:55 PM
S70xs_user
Joined  09-02-2012

If you want to use this approach, it would be easier to use the same principles in a 4-part Performance.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ XSPand S700 samples loaded into the S90XS?
Next Topic:

Looking for a S90ES ! ››